• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Job hunt...

babyblue22

babyblue22

So for the past few weeks I have been interviewing, doing trial shifts & haven’t seemed to get anywhere. I am a hard worker & have plenty of experience but some companies aren’t even responding to me after I’ve done a trial shift (unpaid).
It’s like as soon as they find out about my situation (I’m on maternity since my son was born asleep in September) they just don’t know what to say so they just don’t respond to me. I do have 3 part time jobs I can go back too but I want to move forward in my life & tbh I need a full time job as I need the money. Indeed used to be great until every job wants you to do some online test which makes it even harder to apply for loads of jobs. Just so annoyed and want to move forward with my life...

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi babyblue,
I'm so sorry for you, how frustrating.
I hope soon you will find the right job.
Hugs

babyblue22

babyblue22

Hi babyblue,
I'm so sorry for you, how frustrating.
I hope soon you will find the right job.
Hugs
Fingers crossed. Not really bothered about what I end up doing, would just be nice if these places told me what I was doing wrong if anything so I can improve for the next time xx

babyblue22

babyblue22

Fingers crossed. Not really bothered about what I end up doing, would just be nice if these places told me what I was doing wrong if anything so I can improve for the next time xx
I had the same thing. Was like radio silence if I didn’t get the job! Just wanted to know what I was doing wrong. Went to 10 interviews and didn’t even hear back. My 11th interview was different, sat there for like 2 hours chatting and they contacted me the next day!! Hang on in there and keep going xx

S

strawberrywater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I totally agree about Indeed. It's like every job wants a long assessment or test - what happened to experience and education? I've also seen an uptick in scam job posts on there. Try over on LinkedIn, or better yet - research good companies in your area, then go to each of their websites and apply from their careers page.

You'll find something, just keep applying. I've been unemployed for almost a year, yet apply to about 5 jobs per week. I had ONE interview scheduled that I ended up getting food poisoning that day and had to cancel it. I didn't bother to reschedule because I felt like it was already a bad mark on my reputation that I couldn't keep an appointment.

But I believe everything has a way of working out as long as you keep trying. Something is bound to come along. It's still very hard to land a decent full time job right now with Covid, so don't worry too much. Keep trying 😊

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L i'm broken hearted-job loss Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
L Job suggestions for schizophrenia Employment and Mental Health Forum 19
D Just learned I may be schitzofrenic, and I am a teacher, should I quit my job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
L Lost my job Employment and Mental Health Forum 17
E Is it bad terminating a contract before starting the job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Anatta Aorta I'm got a job and I have serious work anxiety Employment and Mental Health Forum 7
thelonelyjedi Any Advice On How To Find A Job As A Person With Social Anxiety Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
AppleJacks88 Loving my new job... Employment and Mental Health Forum 20
H Antipsychotics and keeping down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 50
L schizophrenic STRUGGLING at their job, need help Employment and Mental Health Forum 12
S Anyone heard of JETS - Job employment training support with Reed employment in the uk Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
P Got offered a job but having second thoughts Employment and Mental Health Forum 28
Fern I got a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 12
C Job Refrences Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
T Finding a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
S My job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
A the job centre is rubbish Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
P How to quit my job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
5 Ever quit work with no job to go to? Employment and Mental Health Forum 56
R Night Shift job offer Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
My_Second_Chance New Job - Feeling incompetent! Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
W Would it be selfish to ask my partner to quit his job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
My_Second_Chance New Job - Not Impressed! Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Q I am not sure if I can hold down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 59
C How do I find a part time job that supports me and doesn't make me ill Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
J Lost my job and not sure who to speak to Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
My_Second_Chance Is It Possible To Return To Old Job Within The Same Company! Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Oceankeeping New job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
M I can't bring myself to look for a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
N Can't hold down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
Not_Crazy_Yet I need to find either a job or a volunteer position Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
F New Job Employment and Mental Health Forum 9
valleygirl My New Job is Crap Employment and Mental Health Forum 20
C Job Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
G Inability to get a job due to mental illness Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
M False hope for a job offer Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
sheeba8188 what's your job title and how long have you been there? Employment and Mental Health Forum 8
B Possibly losing my job due to PTSD Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
valleygirl I Screwed Up Big Time At My New Job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
Y Poor job performance again and again...what is wrong with me? Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
LORD BURT Do you think the job market will improve? Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
T New job - overthinking Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
N advice about leaving a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
LORD BURT I want a job where I am treated like an adult and is not full of bullshit? Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
Sarah0407 New job dilemma Employment and Mental Health Forum 49