Jealous feeling

C

Cielo

I am always feeling so jealous (egoistic?) by seeing my colleagues without any reason. due to this feelings my time is getting spoiled and I am not able to concentrate on my work. Even sometime I am feeling jealous with my family members. How could I avoid feeling jealous? It is severely impacting me and quality of sleep..Your inputs would be greatly appreacited.Thank you

T

TinyWeeMouse

Hi Cielo,

I have a similar issue in that I sometimes feel anger towards certain people, believing that they should act a certain way i.e in the same way that I would. Of course, this is not likely to happen as they are not me. They are independent people with independent minds, behaviours, actions etc. This may in part answer your question. I'm guessing you feel jealous because you see something in these people that you want for yourself. For example, confidence. Perhaps, you need to remind yourself that you are your own person and you can be proud of who you are, what you have achieved etc. Perhaps that might help :)

C

Cielo

Hi Cielo,

I have a similar issue in that I sometimes feel anger towards certain people, believing that they should act a certain way i.e in the same way that I would. Of course, this is not likely to happen as they are not me. They are independent people with independent minds, behaviours, actions etc. This may in part answer your question. I'm guessing you feel jealous because you see something in these people that you want for yourself. For example, confidence. Perhaps, you need to remind yourself that you are your own person and you can be proud of who you are, what you have achieved etc. Perhaps that might help :)
I am completely agree with you ..Thanks a lot for your response

megirl

megirl

I when on the psych ward have felt some jealousy towards a couple of patients half my age, I know why..they are getting help when no one cared about me, the jealously comes so fast that I know its irrational