Jaw clenching and teeth grinding. Anxiety?

J

josh11190

Dear all

I get periods where I feel all drugged up and separated from reality, and this is always accompanied by a need to clench my jaw really hard or grind my teeth.

I am not sure if this is anxiety or something more neurological? A brain MRI has shown I am ok physically, but who knows what is going on with my brains circuits ect.

I just cannot find anyone else who has had similar symptoms. :low:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
My sister grinds her teeth mainly at night, it is because of stress.

J

josh11190

Hi,
My sister grinds her teeth mainly at night, it is because of stress.
I have episodes where I feel drugged and purposely clench my jaw and grind my teeth. Not sure if I do it at night.

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

I also grind my teeth at night and I can relate to the spaced out way you are feeling because I suffer from dizziness, derealisation, feeling spaced out and pressure feeling in the head and face. I think its anxiety and muscle tension and adrenaline that causes those feelings.

Last edited:
J

josh11190

I also grind my teeth at night and I can relate to the spaced out way you are feeling because I suffer from dizziness, derealisation, feeling spaced out and pressure feeling in the head and face. I think its anxiety and muscle tension and adrenaline that causes those feelings.
I feel like I have derealisation. Feel like I am all spaced out and high. It actually started after spending too much time at College smoking weed.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

Another tooth grinder/ jaw clencher here! Definitely related to anxiety and stress. My dentist made me a mouthguard to use when it's bad which really helps.

L

Lauz329

Hi there! I know this post is from a few months ago but I’ve stumbled across it as it sounds exactly like I am at the moment with the face and head pressure! I’ve been going to the gp with these feelings but they’ve not been sure what it is. Can I ask if you also get pain in your nose/sinuses from this?

honeybadger

honeybadger

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dear all

I get periods where I feel all drugged up and separated from reality, and this is always accompanied by a need to clench my jaw really hard or grind my teeth.

I am not sure if this is anxiety or something more neurological? A brain MRI has shown I am ok physically, but who knows what is going on with my brains circuits ect.

I just cannot find anyone else who has had similar symptoms. :low:
If it makes you feel any better, I've shattered at least two molars from jaw grinding.

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Hi there! I know this post is from a few months ago but I’ve stumbled across it as it sounds exactly like I am at the moment with the face and head pressure! I’ve been going to the gp with these feelings but they’ve not been sure what it is. Can I ask if you also get pain in your nose/sinuses from this?
Yeah, sometimes I get pain in my nose and sinuses but the pain I get more often is migraine headaches especially in the front of my head and behind my eyes.

J

josh11190

I don't. Just feel drugged and an overwhelming need to clench my jaw and grind my teeth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anxiety Forum 2
L Anxiety Forum 4