• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I've Started to Trust My Voice, Again

Do You Trust the Voice in your Head?

• High

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
W

whispervoice

Hi All,

As my last post long time ago, I'm Bipolar, and I'm currently taking some medications to treat the symptoms of this disability. Everyone with knowledge about it knows that one of the symptom of BP may be hearing voice(s).

Long time ago, I lost my trust in this voice because it was very negative. It would say, "If you do this or that, it will make you feel uncomfortable." Also, it came with the anxiety feeling.

However, it was a couple of days ago that I started to trust it, again. I am not saying do what the voice say. But, in my case, I found that going against the voice may lead you to low self-esteem, and always be in a negative pattern. Remember, I'm under some medications, and my thoughts are more positive than before.

My point is trust the voice is your head with good things and learn to ignore for bad things. Do not say the contrary in your head, I will make you think in a negative ways.

Thanks,
whispervoice.:)

I

imported_softwhisper

Hello whispervoice...lovely...to...meet...with...you...

How...simply...wonderful...you...are...feeling...
the...inner...quality...of...self...
your self...
your worth...
to...dwell...as...you...say...
on...anything...else...
but...
the...positive...side...
is...not...your...worth...
nor...mine...worth...
to...my...quality...
of...
my self...to...allow...anything...
but...
positivity...to...encroach...
my...self...worth...
good...on...you...
for...your...worth
and...
if...
i...may...say...
good...on...me...
for...
my..worth...

loves to all s...worth...this...fine...day... softwhisper(xxxhugsxxx)

parker

parker

There's nothing that my voice can say that i would trust! Now if there's something that interferes with it then this has my attention.

W

whispervoice

Hi parker,

I started meds long time ago. In my case, I needed to go through different types of meds until now I have started a higher dosage of the med that the voice is more positive. I'm Bipolar. I still have negative thoughts, but they don't bother me as much as before.

I learned a couple of days ago to let the voice be. Just let the thoughts happen without contradicting. I used to say the contrary or negate of what it says. Also, I don't trust it in some cases.

I contradicted it. That will make me feel unsure of myself.

I got this idea from a NYTimes' interviews to patients of Bipolar.

When I was a child, I used to think that the voice was me. There was not doubt about it. Now, I think the process to which I went through of being diagnosed with Bipolar separated the two, and I need to be one, again in my case.

Links to NYTimes' Interview, listen to Steven part.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/the-voices-of-bipolar-disorder/

Note: As I said, I'm taking medications now, and that is helpful in my case.