• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've started talking to another person online....

K

khuang

And honestly I am terrified that this person will stop talking to me after two weeks as usual and I will continue being alone for my entire life. I know that I can't continue living my life this way any more but every single time I meet someone and form some sort of relationship with them, they abandon me and I just stop caring in general because it is pointless. I am honestly tired of living like a semi-recluse and avoiding meeting people and pretending that nothing is bothering me. It hurts knowing that everyone I know has someone and that I never will. And I know that shopping to fill the void is extremely unhealthy and that I need to stop but it's basically one of the few things that will take away the thought of my loneliness for awhile.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

happens a lot with me too. ;)

cassandra36

cassandra36

I am assuming you are younger, talking to people online is nowhere close to any kind of relationship. Humans use 50% spoken word and 50% body language to commicate with each other so any online interaction is fulfilling only about 25% of your social need. You can not hear inflection and tone in written word. Go out and talk to someone I know you will be scared but don't worry they will be too. Go outside and have a conversation with a stranger, even if a 2 second one like asking for the time. The more you do it the better you will get.