I've shamed myself by letting my delusions become known to people.

N

nightmare57

This is too a person who supports me in the community i.e a support worker.. This person was drinking in a pub I was drinking in - independenely - the pub is close to me - and I totally let ripe into her... I called her on the conspiracy that she was talking to me behind my back - that I thought she was and laughing about me outside with other people....I told her this.. It transpired this is not the case.. I feel ashamed.. I am such a £$%^

P

Pink1234

Don't be too hard on yourself. Given that they support you, I'm sure they will understand. None of us is perfect.

I care for my wife and there are times when her illness means that she is rotten to me. On the occasions when she realizes this and apologises to me it means the world to me and, of course, I understand and wouldn't think anything more about it.

Maybe it would help both of you to just say a simple 'sorry' as you will be able to feel better about yourself.

C

Cat

Try not to beat yourself up over it. I spent about 6 months accusing my ex boyfriend of being involved in all kinds of nasty conspiracies against me. I did that while I was severely psychotic. I am no longer with that guy (he was not good for me) but I still feel bad for what I put him through.

N

nightmare57

I missed my paliperidone injection by 1 month... I wasn't informed I missed it by the cmht, I had two holidays in that time.... I was fine in the month.. I had the injection recently. My paranoia is bad at the moment. When I walk into town I'm thinking the people behind me are laughing about me. I made a fool of myself in the pub last night.

C

Cat

I missed my paliperidone injection by 1 month... I wasn't informed I missed it by the cmht, I had two holidays in that time.... I was fine in the month.. I had the injection recently. My paranoia is bad at the moment. When I walk into town I'm thinking the people behind me are laughing about me. I made a fool of myself in the pub last night.
Try not to worry to much about what other people think. the so called "normal people" who do not suffer from paranoia or psychosis have absolutely no way of knowing what that is really like. If they were suffering from it themselves they would also have trouble in social situations. If it makes you feel any better, I have made a fool out of myself just about everywhere. But I just don't particularly care anymore. It is what it is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Schizophrenia Forum 2