• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've severe social anxiety because I feel like everyone is judging me and bitching me in the back.

J

jersos

I've no clue what to do. It's really sad and it makes me depressed. I can't talk to people because I think too much and feel they will lose interest.

What can I do?

PS Maybe because of my country/ race? IDK

L

LokiPokey75

Hi jersos! I deal with this all the time so I feel you! During this time, the best thing to do is work on yourself. What I mean by that is, think about the situations where you've stumbled. Why did that happen? What caused it? How can you move past it the next time? I recommend writing what happened down as well so you have a better grasp of your feelings and can see a greater picture.

Accept that you are afraid. That's great! Acknowledging your fear is not a bad thing; it's the first step to getting over it. When you make a mistake, be glad you tried. We judge mistakes as bad things, but they're actually good things. They're movement in the right direction.

If you really can't talk to people, you may want to consult a therapist or someone that can help you. I'm reading a very helpful book right now called The Social Skills Guidebook by Chris MacLeod. It goes into detail about how we can identity our negative thinking and change it for the better. Highly recommended!

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

OMG... i’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering a lot. Did you have any trauma in your interpersonal relationship in the past?

K

karl7

I've no clue what to do. It's really sad and it makes me depressed. I can't talk to people because I think too much and feel they will lose interest.

What can I do?

PS Maybe because of my country/ race? IDK
i have social anxiety myself. I know how hard it is. I find this site helpful and also another site called socialanxietysupport i found these helpful.

also there are support groups out there. I attend a social anxiety group and it helps deal with it and it makes you aware youre not alone and people are there to support you. Just ask your psychiatrist or mental health team or else just google it. You ,may find info on it in that link above.

if you dont have a psychiatrist or therapist, i would get one

G

George10111

this is exactly how I feel. I’m sorry you’re going through this too. I feel like 90% of my interactions with people are sour and sad. That’s why I tend to get defensive and pissed off when someone stares at me. Especially when I get a ‘you’re my enemy for life I fucking hate you’ look from someone. Some people have even come right up to me just go get my attention so they can give me this look. It’s a cold world we live in. People who think they’re so good can’t even be nice to the common pedestrian.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Social Anxiety Forum 6
American Boy Social Anxiety Forum 70