• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've seen a girl causing self harm on a live app,what should i do?,need advice.

D

Dany6

I've seen some Japanese girl self harming herself live on Periscope.
I was there for around 3 minutes and couldn't really tell what was going on since i wasn't there from the begining of the stream,until i rewatched the whole live.
So her fore arm was was bleeding and had SH from her fore arm joint to her wrist,and later she went on to harm herself further of the fore arm and after maybe 15 seconds the stream cut off.

I found her twitter,and there are pics of her self harm,there are pics of the results of her SH
After the stream cut off i really thought she was going to commit suicide.
But after a few minutes since her last stream she went live again and she didn't look so good.I mean she talked and all that but she didn't looked so good,she was drinking tea and when she picked the cup she was shaking and looked and was weak.
I could really tell in her eyes she was suffering from some mental ilness and was exhausted from it.
I don't know the girl and she only speaks Japanese,since i don't understand Japanese i couldn't tell what were some ppl writting there,there was some guy speaking with her normally,and i think he was trying to mood her up but not sure...
I really don't know what tf i should do other than feeling really fkin worried and bad for the girl and really hoping that she stays alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
JessisMe

JessisMe

Wow, how frightening and awful that this girl
would self harm seemingly for entertainment.
It seems like it really degrades the seriousness of self harming to exploit it for entertainment purposes this way. I can understand your concern about the user also. Is there a way to report her or the content to Periscope for their review on this? I’m not sure what else you might be able to do to help her but that is where I would start. :hug:

D

Dany6

Wow, how frightening and awful that this girl
would self harm seemingly for entertainment.
It seems like it really degrades the seriousness of self harming to exploit it for entertainment purposes this way. I can understand your concern about the user also. Is there a way to report her or the content to Periscope for their review on this? I’m not sure what else you might be able to do to help her but that is where I would start. :hug:
Don't know if she was doing it for entertainment,i mean i "kinda" understand her why she did it on live but not fully.Maybe she needed to talk to someone about it but ended up doing what she did or i don't know.
Replay is deleted the moment the stream ended,but i was able to see it again just because i stayed on that stream after it ended,otherwise i wouldn't have been able to rewatch it.
On a 2nd live she went where she was "ok",i could report her there but didn't want to,because i was really worried about her and tried to talk to her,but since there's a language barrier...it'd useless.But anyway really thank you for the advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Self Harm Forum 3
prettyangeleyes Self Harm Forum 5