• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've recently been experiencing some other symptoms.

N

Nobodyspecial

This isn't constant (I'm fine now) but I have been experiencing something new recently. It can last anywhere from a day up to a week and it freaks me out. I think people are out to get me and trying hurt/kill me! This can come on at any time and I don't think there is a trigger. I get so convinced by this and it takes over my life, don't leave my room at all in the day when people are up even for food because I'm so scared something will happen. It's like there's another person in my head, it's not me and it thinks that anything that happens is meant to be happening to me, I can't take my mind off it or anything. I stop taking my medication when I'm like that but I lie about it and say I have taken it, I'm also convinced that my meds are poisoning me. This means I have about 28 sertraline tablets in my draw. I was like this before I started on this too so this hasn't caused it.
Last time I actually slept with a knife in my room with me. I'm actually quite scared think I might just do those 28 and take myself out!
If it means anything I'm 20

Last edited:
N

Nobodyspecial

Can't see anything in the future!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey :)

I think you need to go and see your GP as soon as possible to say how you are feeling and that you are worried about the amount of meds.

Starting and stopping your meds is bound to kinda mess with your head because your brain is rewiring itself.

xxx

N

Nobodyspecial

Thing is I've made countless appointments and I've either been too depressed or convinced something will happen to even leave my room

N

Nobodyspecial

Didn't think gp's did home visits? I've met with the crisis team in the past too.

W

worthit

Big hugs, hope you can find a solution soon

B

Barcud_Coch

A lot of GPs will arrange a home visit if you're really struggling to leave the house. I was struggling a bit and was offered the option, but managed to struggle to the surgery for my appointments. Hope your GP can arrange something as it sound like talking to someone would help. Coming off meds can make you feel worse than before you started taking them, Sod's law. Also, perhaps, if those complications, like feeling people are out to get you, are more common since you started taking the meds, it's possible the meds are causing it. Not a doctor, so talk to your GP, but I did have a lot more anxiety after my first round of meds, before they changed me onto another medication. Meds and depression are really complicated, so it can take a while for things to start to get better. Good luck, hope things start to look up