• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real

BLUESTAR009

BLUESTAR009

I ve never had in my life, when I felt stressed 24 hours a day. There is no real threat just all about a social interaction with a girl that went badly a few weeks ago. After analyzing the situation it seems like my ego got damaged and sent me into a depressive state.

Is it worth me getting treatment because this is the only time I really feel clinically depressed. Also since it's not a real threat wouldn't it be easy just to realize there is no threat and shut the depression down
? Kind of tried that but it didn't work\

Also I read that depression actually shortens DNA telomeres. I can't figure out how long that takes to happen. Do You have to be clinically depressed for 30 days short in your telomeres?

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Only you know what is truly right for you. But it might help for you to talk it out with someone. There are lots of people here with many different experiences. I'm sure if you just need to vent or just want to talk to someone there will be someone here that can lend an ear.

BLUESTAR009

BLUESTAR009

Hi thanks for that,
when you said I could actually talk to somebody on the forum just vent or talk about stuff. How would I do that?

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

You could post a thread about the particular problem you might be having with that title. For instance the thread you started here, but for example you title it Critisim from my Parents, or I cant sleep, whatever you dealing with. Then explain further in the actual post. It depends on how open you want to be. Or if you want to talk to someone individually you can click on there name and start a conversation and it like message to each other kinda thing.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

There are different sections for different things here. If you just looking for more light hearted stuff there the chill out zone. There certain mental health accociate forums. And like I said a wide variety of people with different experiences. There also a Journal section if your just looking to type some stuff out and just get it off you chest. Sometimes people respond and sometimes it just a place for you to be you.