• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've never felt this kind of feeling before

V

vc2009

I'm a happy person and I have good job, lovely family, and happy life, but since last month, I've made a mistake to my friend company and they found out. So I have to fix that mistake as apologies.
Even my friend company forgave me, if I fix that mistake and they even no rushing for that, but because of COVID-19 all the service are closed so I can only fix that mistake in next 3 weeks or 1 month. So I have to wait.
Since that time I feel guilty, lonely, sorry and cannot even concentrate on the things that I love to do daily such as,
-My current job
-Watching TV
-Playing video-game
-Doing my hobby
-Taking with my lovely family (even they love and care me so much and they thought I'm happy and no worry ).

I'm a food lover before but now I can't even eat well on my daily diet.

Everyday when I wake up, that worry come into my mind and overthinking about that most of the time " what if I can't fix that mistake, My family love me so much what if they know that mistake that I done and I let them down, what if my friend company can't wait any longer for fixing that mistake, I'm resolving this mistake alone so I feel lonely , etc."

Every time that thought come into my mind, I feel really uncomfortable like pressure in my chest and feeling something in my throat and even I working at my workplace, talking with my beloved family or watching TV I cannot concentrate on those and that thought is always stuck in my mind.

I'm not sure this is anxiety, GAD, negative though, stress or depression. If anyone can tell me how to stop thinking every time that thought, I will be really thankful and comfortable. I have searched the way how to stop that kind of though, but those are just temporary and after that those though are come back.

I know I can only free form this suffering after I fixed the mistake, but as I mentioned I have to wait to fix that and I'm feeling I'm wasting my precious time by worrying and overthinking about that.

I just want to stop that overthinking and want to live happily until I start fixing that mistake. And I also worry this will effect my health.

Sorry if my English might be wrong, so if you don't understand or anything want to know in detail you can just ask me from reply.
Thanks!

Mario82

Mario82

Welcome to the forum VC. It sucks about the mistake you want to rectify, but the lockdown is just putting everyone's live on hold unfortunately. I too enjoy gaming and TV/movies, you should try to get back into them and relax a bit, don't beat yourself up over your perceived mistake.

V

vc2009

Welcome to the forum VC. It sucks about the mistake you want to rectify, but the lockdown is just putting everyone's live on hold unfortunately. I too enjoy gaming and TV/movies, you should try to get back into them and relax a bit, don't beat yourself up over your perceived mistake.
Thanks for your support Mario82.
But as you know even I playing game or doing my hobby to distract that, sometime I cannot 100% focus on those while I'm doing and these anxious feeling are sticking in my head.
I really wish to end this suffering fast.

Mario82

Mario82

Thanks for your support Mario82.
But as you know even I playing game or doing my hobby to distract that, sometime I cannot 100% focus on those while I'm doing and these anxious feeling are sticking in my head.
I really wish to end this suffering fast.
You're welcome. A lot of people will support you here.

I am like that too mate. Have problems with attention span and mind wandering, always checking how long there is to go in the episode or movie, do you do that?

It can be anxiety a lot of the time, or just an inability to concentrate. I guess they are very linked.

V

vc2009

You're welcome. A lot of people will support you here.

I am like that too mate. Have problems with attention span and mind wandering, always checking how long there is to go in the episode or movie, do you do that?

It can be anxiety a lot of the time, or just an inability to concentrate. I guess they are very linked.
Yes, even I watch my favorite series episode or movie, my thought are move to those bad feeling and overthinking. This is too bad and I can't enjoy anything at all.

Mario82

Mario82

Yes, even I watch my favorite series episode or movie, my thought are move to those bad feeling and overthinking. This is too bad and I can't enjoy anything at all.
I understand my friend, it really is hard. Can you just not get lost in any sort of tv or movie? Have you thought about trying something like adderall (or ritalin)? I have considered that. It's apparently good for attention span and even anxiety I think. You could talk to the doctor.

V

vc2009

I understand my friend, it really is hard. Can you just not get lost in any sort of tv or movie? Have you thought about trying something like adderall (or ritalin)? I have considered that. It's apparently good for attention span and even anxiety I think. You could talk to the doctor.
I really feel comfortable, when I sharing my feeling with other one like you. I think I need surrounding who can listen my feeling and comfort. I cannot tell to my family what I'm suffering because I don't want to let them down when they know I'm suffering this.

For the medication as you mention (Adderall or Ritalin), since I'm in Myanmar, there is only few Metal Health therapist or doctor and because of COVID-19 all the service are closed now.

Is there anyway if I can try by myself, please advice.

Thank you very much mate!

Mario82

Mario82

I really feel comfortable, when I sharing my feeling with other one like you. I think I need surrounding who can listen my feeling and comfort. I cannot tell to my family what I'm suffering because I don't want to let them down when they know I'm suffering this.

For the medication as you mention (Adderall or Ritalin), since I'm in Myanmar, there is only few Metal Health therapist or doctor and because of COVID-19 all the service are closed now.

Is there anyway if I can try by myself, please advice.

Thank you very much mate!

Thanks. I just want to help you feel better if I can, although obviously I am no substitute for medication or nurses and doctors. But talking helps. I'm sure your family are proud of you no matter what.

Here's a quote I like:

'Some say that the path from inner turmoil begins with a friendly ear. My ear is open, if you care to use it.'

If I have given you some comfort and some relief just by being there to have a friendly conversation then that's what this site is all about. That's its purpose - for us all to help each other and support one another. We are all in the same boat :)

Ah yeah, it will be hard for you with the services closed, these are unprecedented times after all. I don't know how you could try by yourself, I've seen a couple of lads on here recommend meditation for trying to calm down and focus. I struggle with the same problems and short of medicating oneself I just don't know, it's tricky. All I can tell you is that I somehow manage to get through the equivalent of about 8-10 hours of TV watching in a day when I put my mind to it. Less so more often. I think it's like everything - settling down to watch the first movie or first episode is the difficult part, and then you get in the groove as you binge watch. Just go on Netflix if you have it and look around for something that really takes your eye.

V

vc2009

Thanks mate, I will try.
I just want to stay calm, happy and put away this anxious feeling as much as I can during this lock down period.

After this period, I will fix the mistake that I have done ASAP. I think that's the only way I can free from this suffering.
For the meditation, may be I'm not mature enough, I can't fully concentrate while I'm meditate. But I will also try that for sure.
And I hope this community, this site will make me comfortable as you mention. let me come here and express my feeling when I feel anxiety.

V

vc2009

Thanks. I just want to help you feel better if I can, although obviously I am no substitute for medication or nurses and doctors. But talking helps. I'm sure your family are proud of you no matter what.

Here's a quote I like:

'Some say that the path from inner turmoil begins with a friendly ear. My ear is open, if you care to use it.'

If I have given you some comfort and some relief just by being there to have a friendly conversation then that's what this site is all about. That's its purpose - for us all to help each other and support one another. We are all in the same boat :)

Ah yeah, it will be hard for you with the services closed, these are unprecedented times after all. I don't know how you could try by yourself, I've seen a couple of lads on here recommend meditation for trying to calm down and focus. I struggle with the same problems and short of medicating oneself I just don't know, it's tricky. All I can tell you is that I somehow manage to get through the equivalent of about 8-10 hours of TV watching in a day when I put my mind to it. Less so more often. I think it's like everything - settling down to watch the first movie or first episode is the difficult part, and then you get in the groove as you binge watch. Just go on Netflix if you have it and look around for something that really takes your eye.
Thanks mate, I will try.
I just want to stay calm, happy and put away this anxious feeling as much as I can during this lock down period.

After this period, I will fix the mistake that I have done ASAP. I think that's the only way I can free from this suffering.
For the meditation, may be I'm not mature enough, I can't fully concentrate while I'm meditate. But I will also try that for sure.
And I hope this community, this site will make me comfortable as you mention. let me come here and express my feeling when I feel anxiety.

Mario82

Mario82

Good man, just try your best. I know it isn't easy but I have faith in you, you're clearly intelligent.

I think we're all nervous at the moment with everying that's going on, not being able to see other family members or play or watch football is annoying me, but alas. Those were my outlets away from the house and gave me some semblance of weekly structure and routine which is now missing.

Yeah, I am sure you will fix that mistake, but try not to fixate on it right now. You can't change it right now, so try not to worry about something you can't control. I know it's easier said than done but it's wasted energy.

I am not very good at meditation either mate so don't beat yourself up about it. It takes a certain discipline mastered over a long time to get good at it I believe.

That's what the site is for, to be there for you when you most need it. This is a safe space where people won't judge you as we all have our own mental issues (I am schizophrenic).

V

vc2009

Good man, just try your best. I know it isn't easy but I have faith in you, you're clearly intelligent.

I think we're all nervous at the moment with everying that's going on, not being able to see other family members or play or watch football is annoying me, but alas. Those were my outlets away from the house and gave me some semblance of weekly structure and routine which is now missing.

Yeah, I am sure you will fix that mistake, but try not to fixate on it right now. You can't change it right now, so try not to worry about something you can't control. I know it's easier said than done but it's wasted energy.

I am not very good at meditation either mate so don't beat yourself up about it. It takes a certain discipline mastered over a long time to get good at it I believe.

That's what the site is for, to be there for you when you most need it. This is a safe space where people won't judge you as we all have our own mental issues (I am schizophrenic).
Thanks you very much !
I also wish you and your family are safe and sound during this period.

Mario82

Mario82

Thanks you very much !
I also wish you and your family are safe and sound during this period.
Thanks for the well wishes my friend. I hope you and your family are safe and healthy during this terrible period as well. We are all in Covid-19 together and those of us on here are equally all mentally ill together and here to support each other.

V

vc2009

Hello!

Just want to share !

Since I have shared my feeling here and got supportive replied back from here.

I feel really comfortable until now and feel good, it is not 100% completely recover, but less worries and overthinking than before.

I hope this will last long until I fix the mistake and really really thanks you for this conversation.

Thanks again mate !

Mario82

Mario82

Hello!

Just want to share !

Since I have shared my feeling here and got supportive replied back from here.

I feel really comfortable until now and feel good, it is not 100% completely recover, but less worries and overthinking than before.

I hope this will last long until I fix the mistake and really really thanks you for this conversation.

Thanks again mate !
That's great to hear mate. Talking is very good and therapeutic and you know people on here - not just me - want you to get through this and be happy, and be able to concentrate well again and enjoy your time with your family, with movies, gaming, tv series etc, and your other hobbies. No need to thank me, that's what we are here for, mutual support.