• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I've had enough and want it to stop.

C

Cyclist

My wife and I are existing (not living) in a filthy bungalow that stinks of mouse urine, while waiting to move to our new home. I have fallen completely out of love with the house and every time I go over I see things the builder hasn't finished and I know won't get finished either. I am five months into a deep breakdown, taking Mirtazapine and the GP has given me a psychiatric referral.

I would never commit suicide because I have a lovely son and wife, family and friends but if the world stopped tomorrow I would be quite happy to get off it. I've had enough.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are you waiting to transfer or selling your own home?

We have mice often and put traps down which are horrible i know, but it is important they are gotten rid of quickly and don't know what else to do.

Mirtazapine is very sedating and flattening as well as helping with depression. Are you feeling any better since starting it? I assume you had started that one because of insomnia?

If you are not feeling much better after this long, you can change to another that is not as sedating, but still sleep well. There isn't much chance of feeling and joy or pleasure if very sedated.

I can understand though that during a breakdown, sleep and sedation can be important.

Are you taking 30mg? That is the best dose, the threapeutic dose.

C

Cyclist

Thanks, we are building a house in a very remote place. I retired, we moved into temporary here, sold and are building all during Covid. The building is too big and costs are out of control due to me just agreeing to everything in the interest of a quiet life. My breakdown started five months ago and I've been on Mirtazapine for about three. It works but makes me feel weak and flat and having been sedentary for 5 months I've gone from competitive cyclist to flabby couch potato. I'm taking 15mg and 30mg on alternating days.

The house is due to be completed on a week but I can see so many things that aren't finished. I have fallen out of love with the place, the house and the dream and wish we had never embarked on this. We have spent a terrifyingly large amount of money.

The stress is just mounting up and will continue to mount up as moving time approaches. Some would say I'm in a privileged position but I can't help having a severe mental breakdown.