• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've got SAD

K

Kake

I'm a 21 year old boy and I have sad. I feel a bit alone and down right now and I found this forum. I just feel like writing something down, don't know if it will be interesting to anyone or whatever. Well here it goes:

I'm an electrician and I used to work in a team with people I felt I could be myself with, but now I'm working alone and I have to do all the talking with strangers and people with "authority" myself. I feel really lonely, and i feel stressed out about doing my job when there's a bunch of strange people there. I feel like they are thinking stuff about me or something and I get kinda "shaky". I'm having trouble sleeping because I'm not really looking forward to go to work the next day. I'm starting to feel very depressed and I'm afraid that this is going to get worse if I don't do something soon. The thing is... I haven't told anyone that I have SAD, people just see me as a shy person, and also I haven't told anyone that I'm feeling depressed. I'm afraid my friends are going to act different towards me. I have had my friends all my life and I want to keep the same relationship we allready have. I don't talk to my family very much and I really don't want to talk to them about it. I know I really should go see a doctor or something but I guess I'm just scared about going.

D

Dollit

If you don't feel that you can't talk to your friends and aren't ready to go to the doctor yet then just join in here when and where you feel suits you best. The forum may just give you enough confidence to manage things better in the real world.

T

tropic

I have social anxiety disorder as well. I can assure you though that there is help for this. There are different types of therapy out there like cognitive behavioural therapy which seems to become very popular now. There are also medications as well that can really help with this. Have you talked to anyone about this. I'm afraid that this isn't something that just goes away.

F

FairytaleAsylum

hey

i have social anxiety disorder also, i went for an appointment the other week with some one i know. It really helps to have some one there supporting you.
If you have no one thats sort of close to you, maybe you could talk to your mother or a relative? i know that its the hardest thing but admitting what you have and wanting to be strong is the first step to recovery i feel i hope you get better

D

DEEP MEDI

I'm a 21 year old boy and I have sad. I feel a bit alone and down right now and I found this forum. I just feel like writing something down, don't know if it will be interesting to anyone or whatever. Well here it goes:

I'm an electrician and I used to work in a team with people I felt I could be myself with, but now I'm working alone and I have to do all the talking with strangers and people with "authority" myself. I feel really lonely, and i feel stressed out about doing my job when there's a bunch of strange people there. I feel like they are thinking stuff about me or something and I get kinda "shaky". I'm having trouble sleeping because I'm not really looking forward to go to work the next day. I'm starting to feel very depressed and I'm afraid that this is going to get worse if I don't do something soon. The thing is... I haven't told anyone that I have SAD, people just see me as a shy person, and also I haven't told anyone that I'm feeling depressed. I'm afraid my friends are going to act different towards me. I have had my friends all my life and I want to keep the same relationship we allready have. I don't talk to my family very much and I really don't want to talk to them about it. I know I really should go see a doctor or something but I guess I'm just scared about going.
I am in a very similar situation, i'm doing an apprenticeship in engineering on my 2nd year, i'm at company now and it is hard sometimes to fit in, I can't really have a long conversation with anyone, I find it hard to give and receive banter, and i'm pretty sure people at work think i'm weird because of it. I too don't really speak to my family and my friends also don't know I have SAD, know exactly what your going through. I've got to do a presentation in front of 70 people about my project for college in about 2 weeks!

F

FairytaleAsylum

yeah what i find is try to think that no one is judging you, there just there to listen to what you have to say. Just because they are looking doesnt mean they are observing and analising your every move, relax. Just relax when you do it, it will be over before you know it. Dont worry if they think your weird when your at work i know apart of it gets to you so much where you do care because its always on your mind, when im in the streets i get paranoid and think i know exactly what that persons thinking about me and always feel people are looking at me in public