• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

i've given up on life, i don't care about anything anymore

I

I_Was_Punished

i'm not even sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this as i'm not sure i would necessarily say i have depression now (i have in the past though) because now i feel like i can't even be bothered to be depressed because i don't care enough to be depressed. i've given up on life, i don't care about anything anymore. At times this feels oddly peaceful and calm but other times it feels empty and lonely and i just feel bored and i sometimes feel nothing at all, just emptiness. Sometimes i feel anxiety but that's only when i have to go out and face the world, i prefer to stay away from other people as much as i can now. I don't really find interest or enjoyment in anything anymore, i don't like reading, watching tv or movies. i still like listening to music but even that gets tiresome at times, i still enjoy food but then i always had an unhealthy relationship with food anyway, sometimes its the main thing i think about all day! When i get drunk i don't feel drunk in the same way i used to, i guess i have a very high tolerance for alcohol now.i'm not interested in Material things at all, they don't make me happy. Even as i write this i am feeling nothing much at all, i don't even know why i'm writing it, i know nothing will change how i feel now.

L

Lizaje

That's a common symptom of depression. If you don't like material, why don't you try spiritual? Aside from seeking treatment obviously.

I

I_Was_Punished

That's a common symptom of depression. If you don't like material, why don't you try spiritual? Aside from seeking treatment obviously.
Spiritual is certainly something i have thought about

i tried seeking treatment for years, its ridiculously hard how difficult it is to get help with mental health in the UK. i find it hard to be bothered trying to seek treatment now, i don't trust or have faith in any of these people who are supposed to help.

L

Lizaje

Spiritual is certainly something i have thought about

i tried seeking treatment for years, its ridiculously hard how difficult it is to get help with mental health in the UK. i find it hard to be bothered trying to seek treatment now, i don't trust or have faith in any of these people who are supposed to help.
That's likely not gonna go away for quite sometime unless you try again. Do you like to read?

S

Snowman12

The best therapy I ever had has been dogs! Having a dog in my life has helped me get through some really hard times. I've had alot of stigma to deal with, due to the nature of my conditions and from a dog you have unconditional love and acceptance always.

For me my mother was like that but sadly she died when I was still quite young (and certainly much younger emotionally than my actual age) and unable to grasp the concept of death, heaven and angels etc.

My dog(s) have kept me going when I cared about nothing else and/or believed no-one else cared wether I existed or not, and also meant I always had to keep one foot in reality to take care of their needs so I never became so dissociated I was totally unable to know what was real or not.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

The best therapy I ever had has been dogs! Having a dog in my life has helped me get through some really hard times. I've had alot of stigma to deal with, due to the nature of my conditions and from a dog you have unconditional love and acceptance always.

For me my mother was like that but sadly she died when I was still quite young (and certainly much younger emotionally than my actual age) and unable to grasp the concept of death, heaven and angels etc.

My dog(s) have kept me going when I cared about nothing else and/or believed no-one else cared wether I existed or not, and also meant I always had to keep one foot in reality to take care of their needs so I never became so dissociated I was totally unable to know what was real or not.
That is so true. The downside is they get sick and that makes you anxious. Especially if they are aging like my two dogs. I worry about their health a fair amount.

T

treasurebox

Listen to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube. Music is therapeutic.

Help others in your community or online. You may help by donating your preloved items. You can even coach or teach online. Think of someone or a grouo you can help. Helping others makes you fill needed, worthwhile and fulfilled. Helping makes you happy and complete.