• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

i've developed a MASSIVE fear of serial killers

M

Misssad1111

sometimes i even stare at the door to see if it will get punched down
it's a recent fear that has consumed me. before i has this obsession with a video now it's turned into an obsession with serial killers. like my mind has to be CONSUMED by fear by something

O

Orangeade

sometimes i even stare at the door to see if it will get punched down
it's a recent fear that has consumed me. before i has this obsession with a video now it's turned into an obsession with serial killers. like my mind has to be CONSUMED by fear by something
I get that. Its like the brain has to obsessed by something, even if it makes us worse

Siegfried

Siegfried

Well that doesn't sound rational but for what's worth serial killers are extremely rare, they're just specially flashy criminals and American society is specially obsessed with flashy crimes so it creates this illusion that there's one hiding in every dark alley.

M

Misssad1111

my fear of the video was already irrational and now this. my brain HAS to be obsessed with something to make me fearful

M

Misssad1111

and being tortured. the idea of being tortured TERRIFIES me

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

I’d be more scared of my boiler blowing up. That’s far more likely. Faulty boilers and carbon monoxide are more insidious killers. I should check my smoke alarm.

M

Misssad1111

being afraid of serial killers has a huge impact on your life. youre scared at night, afraid to take walks, afraid to provide info. i feel so helpless at the hands of a serial killer

M

Misssad1111

I’d be more scared of my boiler blowing up. That’s far more likely. Faulty boilers and carbon monoxide are more insidious killers. I should check my smoke alarm.
i know it's not rational but im seriously consumed by it

M

Misssad1111

i dont know what to do about this OBSESSION