I've been told I won't have to attend PIP face-to-face.

N

nightmare57

I have been told I don't need to attend a face-to face for PIP. The DWP rang my supported living manager and they asked about my aggression towards members of the public when feeling paranoid/overwhelmed, my manager said this is only when unwell with psychosis which I have a decline every 4-6 months. They asked her what happens when I'm in a decline and she said they don't let me out unsupported because of risk... Is that grounds for high rate Mobility even though I don't get aggressive all the time? Also it is also noted I have severe social anxiety when not psychotic...

I'm yet to know the award but I would assume you don't need supervision all the time when out to be awarded high mobility care?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

you can never tell with pip as long as you give as much evidence to back up your claims its hard for them to refute did you consider taking a family with you for moral support and to fight your corner

P

pcoventry

that's good. When I had my F2F she totally ignored that bit on the report and said I could do well with others F2F - when I murder someone she will wish she'd not put that! She also said I could use the bus - the last time I tried I nearly hurt someone.

And no - you don't need to be supervised all the time unless you put so or they say so on your report. I got 20 points and I go out on my own just fine - but in my car. Where no one can interfere with me

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i got high level support so decided not to appeal though i lost my low rate dla mobility then there was that court case were they decided problems on public transport count and they were discriminating against the mentally ill

could do with mobility but should i ask and risk that high level support, maybe if they review my claim i'll ask automatically

think if they want me to go into intensive suppport and spend a fortune on me they're going the right way about it

N

nightmare57

that's good. When I had my F2F she totally ignored that bit on the report and said I could do well with others F2F - when I murder someone she will wish she'd not put that! She also said I could use the bus - the last time I tried I nearly hurt someone.

And no - you don't need to be supervised all the time unless you put so or they say so on your report. I got 20 points and I go out on my own just fine - but in my car. Where no one can interfere with me
Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
incidentally i was talking to my ex social worker friend about my friend in a care home according to her pip support is taken off you to pay for care but not mobility, don't quote me on it

N

nightmare57

are you happy with the result ?
I haven't got the result yet, just been told don't need to attend face-to-face. I'm hoping for high mobility. I now know it isn't as hard as it was before to get. I do have problems with social anxiety (my community nurse wrote it as severe social anxiety in PIP letter) but the anxiety is fluctuating. I can fake being confident but I have a pre-planned conversation in my head and if it doesn't go to plan and get worried I made myself look stupid in front of people and I catastrophize about how I looked stupid. this will stop be going out in public for days and days.

Also when I'm psychotic with paranoid delusions I have been assessed of aggressiveness in public. I dispute this as I'm not violent but my supported living manager said aggressiveness can be verbal aggression.

If I'm honest I'm hoping for high mobility.

N

nightmare57

incidentally i was talking to my ex social worker friend about my friend in a care home according to her pip support is taken off you to pay for care but not mobility, don't quote me on it
If residential care she is right. All your PIP care is taken off you and you only have the mobility award plus I think £21 a week pocket money, the rest goes towards your care package. If you have excess of I think £20.000 now in savings you have to pay for you care too unless you have section 117 aftercare, which means you've either been on a section 3 or 37 in this past and some other sections.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I haven't got the result yet, just been told don't need to attend face-to-face. I'm hoping for high mobility. I now know it isn't as hard as it was before to get. I do have problems with social anxiety (my community nurse wrote it as severe social anxiety in PIP letter) but the anxiety is fluctuating. I can fake being confident but I have a pre-planned conversation in my head and if it doesn't go to plan and get worried I made myself look stupid in front of people and I catastrophize about how I looked stupid. this will stop be going out in public for days and days.

Also when I'm psychotic with paranoid delusions I have been assessed of aggressiveness in public. I dispute this as I'm not violent but my supported living manager said aggressiveness can be verbal aggression.

If I'm honest I'm hoping for high mobility.
dont fake anything go into it like you would normally act when i went i was on the edge of my chair nearly passed out shaking like a leaf cried like a bitch in the interview they ask some really personal questions

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
If residential care she is right. All your PIP care is taken off you and you only have the mobility award plus I think £21 a week pocket money, the rest goes towards your care package. If you have excess of I think £20.000 now in savings you have to pay for you care too unless you have section 117 aftercare, which means you've either been on a section 3 or 37 in this past and some other sections.
my friend i'm topping up his mobile as apparently he's short of money in that care home, can't see why his pharmacist cousin can't do it, it's easy on line or at the cashpoint, and the money adds up, but guess my friends relatives if they're anything like mine would be only too happy to lose contact