Ive been lost for years.

L

LifesPointless

Hi, I'm here to find out if I'm alone with this thing that's been happening to me for years. So, for as long as I can remember I've been dealing with this thing I could never explain and nor could my family doctor.. When I meet new people or even just see a new face around I feel as if i am them and my brain thinks I'm that person, I get new thoughts and see new things but only for a few minutes at a time then I'm back.. My brain makes me believe that I don't look like myself anymore or that im someone completely different and I lose my train of though frequently.. It had stopped happening for a year or two but recently at Walmart I saw this girl and she looked normal but then I felt like I was her and all of a sudden felt sadness and got lightheaded and that's when I finally talked to my significant other about it.. They didnt understand and I don't either if anyone could help me plz feel free to reply!!

M

Meemee

Hi, I'm here to find out if I'm alone with this thing that's been happening to me for years. So, for as long as I can remember I've been dealing with this thing I could never explain and nor could my family doctor.. When I meet new people or even just see a new face around I feel as if i am them and my brain thinks I'm that person, I get new thoughts and see new things but only for a few minutes at a time then I'm back.. My brain makes me believe that I don't look like myself anymore or that im someone completely different and I lose my train of though frequently.. It had stopped happening for a year or two but recently at Walmart I saw this girl and she looked normal but then I felt like I was her and all of a sudden felt sadness and got lightheaded and that's when I finally talked to my significant other about it.. They didnt understand and I don't either if anyone could help me plz feel free to reply!!
I can’t relate to this, however I reckon a therapist would be a good idea! They would be able to explain to you what is happening and why, and may make things a bit clearer for you. I’m sure you are not alone in this :)