• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I've been here before

D

dc86uk

I am pretty sure I have asked in the past (probably more than once) but does anyone just find themselves sat at their desk in work or at home pottering about and all of a sudden a "pang" hit's them and their anxiety goes through the roof? I have literally just been sat at my laptop doing some bit's when all of a sudden out of nowhere I had this flash sensation - anxiety sky rocketed - and I felt like I was going to black out/have a heart attack. What is going on?!

Z

Zaz2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get things similar to that. I sometimes hear like a gun firing in my head or a loud snapping noise at my neck and then I'm stunned...scared to move...I feel all dizzy and disoriented even sick and the tightness all over my body afterwards is painful. Slowly it ease off and just when I've almost forgotten about it...bang...it happens again. I've said to several GPs but they all say its probably associated to my mental health issues. So who knows...

SlowlyUnravels

SlowlyUnravels

For sure, and I'm like bruh? Silly brain can't realize when anxiety is actually needed to survive a situation at all and it becomes a random reaction I guess lol. Hope you're doing better now.

N

navhealth

I am pretty sure I have asked in the past (probably more than once) but does anyone just find themselves sat at their desk in work or at home pottering about and all of a sudden a "pang" hit's them and their anxiety goes through the roof? I have literally just been sat at my laptop doing some bit's when all of a sudden out of nowhere I had this flash sensation - anxiety sky rocketed - and I felt like I was going to black out/have a heart attack. What is going on?!
I also get this which makes me think what has triggered it..because i was not stressed at the time nor thinking negative crap..was just sitting working away on my laptop. This anxiety stuff is weird.