• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Its time to let go of my "support"

M

Meredithmay

Had involvement from CMHT for some time now and have had many hospital admissions, the recent being 2 years ago. Some of the help has been helpful and at times not so.

I really think that ending this support will result in me regaining some self respect which is so important. I have already taken some steps by cancelling an arranged appointment and letting them know I will contact them at a later date. So, the best way for me to do this is to gradually drop out of the system to avoid any questions.

It does feel a little scary to be without support but I have to move forward and feel that I am getting stronger and more able to manage on my own. The last few appointments have been quite stressful and invalidating so came away much worse.

I do have medication which I keep at the lowest dosage possible and will continue to take this.

I would welcome any comments although I know it is difficult when nobody knows me.

The last few days have felt like hell and I am still here to some extent. Because I have been sectioned in the past I tend to go off the radar when very unwell because this would not be helpful. I do tend to get through difficult times on my own anyway without the CMHT.

Mm xx

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Had involvement from CMHT for some time now and have had many hospital admissions, the recent being 2 years ago. Some of the help has been helpful and at times not so.

I really think that ending this support will result in me regaining some self respect which is so important. I have already taken some steps by cancelling an arranged appointment and letting them know I will contact them at a later date. So, the best way for me to do this is to gradually drop out of the system to avoid any questions.

It does feel a little scary to be without support but I have to move forward and feel that I am getting stronger and more able to manage on my own. The last few appointments have been quite stressful and invalidating so came away much worse.

I do have medication which I keep at the lowest dosage possible and will continue to take this.

I would welcome any comments although I know it is difficult when nobody knows me.

The last few days have felt like hell and I am still here to some extent. Because I have been sectioned in the past I tend to go off the radar when very unwell because this would not be helpful. I do tend to get through difficult times on my own anyway without the CMHT.

Mm xx
I feel being on here is good, i feel support from 'the system' is good and i feel your own inner guidence is good.

M

Meredithmay

Thank you both for your replies.

rr, That video clip has certainly lightened my spirit considerably.

as, I think you are right - I am looking more at complementary medicine which takes nothing away but rather builds upon what is already there. Next Thursday I am attending a place where they assist in balancing energies. It sounds okay and I will come back here and tell you if it was any good.

I will also keep popping on here as it is so good to hear from others and read all the posts. There is a wealth of imformation here.

Thanking you, Mm x

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Lovely to hear of your future studies, for me, balance is the key and i agree with orthadox and complimentary support. Multidimensional colourful energies have always been the heart of my creativity. Best wishes. xx