• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

it's not tourette's but idk where to go

Mr Oreo Bunny

Mr Oreo Bunny

hi
before anyone says anything, i KNOW i don't have tourette's, and i'm pretty sure what i'm experiencing isn't even real tics. i know people have it way way worse, i just didn't know where to go with this.
i struggle with random repetitive body movements and sounds, but it's not tics because if i try hard enough i can stop them, it just feels uncomfortable. kind of like a reflex? it gets worse when i acknowledge and think about them, get all jittery, or just in general have really strong emotions. its worst when i'm really stressed (which is honestly very very often) it's gotten disruptive, people are constantly asking me about it most involving my shoulders, neck, and torso. most often, i jerk my neck and head forward, sometimes with a little "WoooOo" sound. its become embarrassing, people always ask me "what are you doing" and "are you sneezing/coughing with no sound?!?" its not constant either, i can go an entire lacrosse game or few hours without them. i don't know how to stop them, does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

MichaelaMar

MichaelaMar

Hi, I believe that when the body is in the constant stress it find the way how to ventilate. If you know what i mean. In our case it is unfortunately this way (I have similar symptoms). TS is name of diagnosis. The body is actually tellin you that something is not okay. It does not matter if it is TS or not. If you listen to your body and try to be in less stress it can get better. There is probably something what you do not like. (If I understand correctly that you do not have it in the long run).