• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

its just so unfair

L

lovagemuffin

I hate being overweight! Seroquel, an underactive throid aand a love of food:scared:
its jus so unfair I want to tell everyone I walk past im on medication and I have an underactive thYroid LOL

V

volnash

Im on the same medicine, it can be quite intense especially effects on apetite and Generally sleepiness.

L

lovagemuffin

yeah ive got a med change to do whoopee but im going to enjoy xmas first I hate the way it knocks me out for12 hours! I feel like im sleeping my life away.

V

volnash

Doh that makes two of us, enjoying christmas then find another med, i went from not sleeping at all, to now sleeping 16 hours, yes 16.

This is not healthy either i have to take it early or i sleep longer, hope you enjoy x mas lovage, can i call your Name short like that? Anyway hope you do better on another.

L

lovagemuffin

hi yes you can call me that if you like:) my doctor said Haldol for next time im like please get your hands out of my brain:eek:

V

volnash

You dont like Haldol? ive heard many nasty things about that one, but i dont know to be honest as i dont believe ive tried it.

E

earthbound_misfit

Isn't there medication to conter the effetcs of the underactive thyroid?
Hugs xx

L

lovagemuffin

hi no volnash I haven't tried it yet I hope it will be less sedating but still help my illness.
earthbound misfit yes thyroxine tablets I have to take just add it to the list LOL

V

volnash

Well i hope you find something that works for you personally:)

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I totally empathize with you. Seroquel has caused me to gain 85 pounds. I ballooned from a size 8 to a size 18 and I hate it.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Having to use seoquels to sleep is causing me to gain now as well. My niece today posted a year after pic of herself after gastric bypass last year this day. She was morbidly obese, though still beautiful. She has lost over half her weight. Is very proud. I still worry about the long term effects of such severe interventions in the long run but for now she is very happy to be playing with her three year old in ways she never did before and feeling much healthier. Makes me feel guilty about being concerned with my moderate and age appropriate weight gain from seroquels.