• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

It's coming back again.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Haven't been on here in a while which is not good but was feeling OKish and I even abandoned the blog I was writing. Unfortunately nothing lasts forever and in my case this is becoming true again in regards to my anxiety and alas depression.

For a few weeks now I have been woken in the night by panic attacks just don't know what that is all about but also have been getting that dreaded underlying feeling of (how do I describe it) unease? Dread? In my waking hours. Depression follows this and all in all my confidence has taken a pounding. So much so now I'm beginning to dread leaving the house. Every morning before I start out for work I get the old stomach churning edginess and if it wasn't for the fact I give someone a lift I think i wouldn't be able to go alone anymore.

Today I wanted to run out of the supermarket and when taking my dog his afternoon walk the further from home I got the more uncomfortable I felt. OK I'm getting over a cold but although it makes me feel down surely thats not the reason. I am so scared it will come back and destroy everything I have worked so hard for. I don't honestly think i could pick myself up again if I break down another time.

lal10

lal10

Hi mad hatter

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, I can completely sympathise as I am going through something similar at the moment. I don't know why either, I've had loads of problems over the last 12 months but then it hits me hardest when I thought things were getting better, what's that all about??

I think the worst thing is knowing what's coming, like you say you feel like you wont be able to cope with another breakdown, it's the desperation of not wanting to get to that point mixed with the complete inability to stop it happening. Do you find that each time it happens it gets worse? I think it does in my case.

Have you gone to your GP or other support? I've just got back from my GP and he's not been helpful at all but if you have someone who may be able to help you then do go and see them. I know it's easier said than done but if it stops you falling into the bottomless pit then it's worth it.

Best wishes
Lal
xx

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
My GP is pretty useless as well. She just wants to fob me off with homeopathic stuff and get me off anti depressants. The only alternative really is to go to hospital sort of voluntary I guess. I have been getting lots of these downers and I am wondering if I am bi polar. I suppose a re diagnosis wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day I'm not getting better. I am in a quandry just taking each day as it comes trying to go with the flow!!!

L

Leighqt

PIgeons scare the shit out of me when i get liike this , i scream , i feel like a nutter, and my life going down thez pain AGAIN

T

TherapyTribe

Hi

Nice post .

Thanks