It's BPD awareness month

LadyInsomnia

LadyInsomnia

May is BPD awareness month, does anyone have any plans for it? Ideas for raising awareness? I've not noticed any marathons for BPD just yet lol. But I would like to see more mental health campaigns out there for awareness an educating people. Would make life alot easier if people knew more about these mental health illnesses

H

Hundjager

A few months ago I posted a really long status on facebook about the struggles I deal with as a person who suffers with BPD, that raised awareness between friends, family and my facebook friends which helped. I think its a really good idea to raise awareness for it with it being so misunderstood. I think it would be a great idea if there was something, but nothing I've seen as of yet!

The only thing I've seen is here:
May is BPD Awareness Month: See What You Can Do

but that's about it! And it's in America

LadyInsomnia

LadyInsomnia

That's really great putting it on your Facebook, I think alot of sufferers would find it hard to put that stuff so out in the open. I would like to but I deleted my Facebook as there's too much drama on social media an it stresses me out. I wish there were more tv shows looking at BPD an other mental illnesses an how it affects people's everyday lives.

H

Hundjager

I'm sorry to hear that LadyInsomnia! I know how you feel. My facebook is now only a sleect few people who I want to keep up with! I feel your pain!

I've found some more things in a little search I've done

This is a petition for more funding for BPD research:
https://www.change.org/p/bruce-cuth...A&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Here is a facebook page dedicated to BPD awareness, there are personal stories, articles and much more. I might share some of these thing personally as I sometimes find it difficult to find the words:
https://www.facebook.com/bpda1/

LadyInsomnia

LadyInsomnia

Well I've lost Facebook but I've gained this place which has been really helpful to me :)
Someone else has started a thread with a similar title to mine an there's some really good writing in there an a link to the same petition. Let's hope it gains some serious momentum

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Wow a whole month for one personality disorder..... Seems unfair as there's far more then 12 mental health issues that could do with more awareness

LadyInsomnia

LadyInsomnia

I suppose a month is a bit odd but there's nothing to say they can't overlap or have more than one thing a month. Maybe it's a whole month because it's still fairly lesser known about

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So are most of the personality disorders, you know there are three "types" right? With a few disorders in each type and some are even more elusive ;)
I'm surprised its not the narcs calling for a month to celebrate themselves

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

May is BPD awareness month, does anyone have any plans for it? Ideas for raising awareness? I've not noticed any marathons for BPD just yet lol. But I would like to see more mental health campaigns out there for awareness an educating people. Would make life alot easier if people knew more about these mental health illnesses
its certainly not BPD Awareness month downunder

unless of course by "aware" they mean, changing folks diagnosis to fit an Already Archaic Label.

LadyInsomnia

LadyInsomnia

So are most of the personality disorders, you know there are three "types" right? With a few disorders in each type and some are even more elusive ;)
I'm surprised its not the narcs calling for a month to celebrate themselves
Yeah I have read about the different types, since getting my diagnosis I've been reading up on mental health non stop. An i agree personality disorders in general need more awareness an public knowledge. What's the narcs?