• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Its been a rough winter. How has yours been?

M

megirl

Seems global warmings down in the southern hemisphere hope it warms up for you soon xx
You will laugh. If we get more than an inch of snow our roads get closed kids get sent home etc
Though we rarely get snow. Would be nice to get some this winter but not to your extreme

J

Jules5

I live ib
n Florida the highs here our in the 70s and the lows in the 60s. I always use the weather to make excuses for not doing anything Tragic when the wearher is so nice for now here in Feb.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi, here in Wales it's a fine sunny day, I little chilly about 6°c we haven't had any snow here but there is snow on the mountains near by, I'm not far from the Snowdonia range. And out yesterday they looked stunning covered in fresh white snow .

J

Jules5

People from all over the world are on this forum. That is neat. I am learning my geography. My family came to America from Wales. We may be related.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Out for a walk to clear my mind of darker thoughts, this is my view X
IMG_20190202_140333.jpg

G

George10111

Hey wow thanks guys for all the replies! I'll post a few pictures of where I'm from and see if anyone can guess. If you get it right you win. Lol

P

Pigsyjug

Hi, southern England (Cambridge) has had a reasonable winter although I am desperate for the Spring.
On a clear night after supper we set up the telescope on the lawn and observe space. Saw Jupiter and it's 4 moons a while back....get the patio heater on and wrap up and just enjoy.
Has really helped me gain some sort of perspective after a very prolonged low....reached crisis point on Sunday and was almost admitted in.
So yeah...looking forward to recovering an equilibrium again and am ready to receive spring.
P.S - Saw two orbiting satellites on the dog walk this eve. 👌👌🐶🐶

J

Jules5

Hi, southern England (Cambridge) has had a reasonable winter although I am desperate for the Spring.
On a clear night after supper we set up the telescope on the lawn and observe space. Saw Jupiter and it's 4 moons a while back....get the patio heater on and wrap up and just enjoy.
Has really helped me gain some sort of perspective after a very prolonged low....reached crisis point on Sunday and was almost admitted in.
So yeah...looking forward to recovering an equilibrium again and am ready to receive spring.
P.S - Saw two orbiting satellites on the dog walk this eve. 👌👌🐶🐶
I miss being outside in the stars and seeing the moon. Not sure why I lost the spunk to go out at night. We have the brightest moon out here in the country. I do watch the sunrise every day because I have a Rooster that gets up at 4:30am and for some reason I have to get up before him. And I have insomnia. My neighbors have roosters too and I get up before their first crow. strange huh.

P

Pigsyjug

I miss being outside in the stars and seeing the moon. Not sure why I lost the spunk to go out at night. We have the brightest moon out here in the country. I do watch the sunrise every day because I have a Rooster that gets up at 4:30am and for some reason I have to get up before him. And I have insomnia. My neighbors have roosters too and I get up before their first crow. strange huh.
Sounds lovely....I have a thing about 3am....eachtime I wake it always seems to be same time.
We are astronomy and physicist nerds so observing the bigger picture is always something that fetches me comfort.
Buddhism is my other love and anchor in times of darkness.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

The last few years there has been very little Winter weather here in Florida, USA. Never had to bundle up in my Winter clothes. I'm in south Florida. They say the whole state will be under water in a generation.

M

megirl

Its another hot one 30 degrees. We have a big fire up north of where I live people who have had to be evacuated. Fires been getting close to one small township its had to be evacuated. The heat and wind keeps it hard to manage

P

Pigsyjug

Its another hot one 30 degrees. We have a big fire up north of where I live people who have had to be evacuated. Fires been getting close to one small township its had to be evacuated. The heat and wind keeps it hard to manage
Goodness that sounds scary...my anxiety is going nuts just thinking about it 😂
So grateful its just cold and wet here.