Its been a rough winter. How has yours been?

G

George10111

Man has it been an interesting and rough winter. I've had my share of dark depressing days/nights. There have been great times but there have also been lots of hard times and bad memories. I always feel anxiety going into September/october because I know I have a rough few months ahead. Now that we're near the shoulder of winter I feel better.

About 4/7 days a week I experienced some kind of personal tragedy and even a few family tragedies as well. Ninety percent of my devastating memories happened during winter. This last August-October I was especially anxious and I was not ready for another hellish winter. Not to mention we got literally 10x the snow and precipitation we got last year where I live. Last year you could go hiking and the ground was dry and bare for the most part. It was a very dry mild winter. This year we've had so much snow I have gone weeks/months without seeing any bare ground. The last time the ground wasn't covered in snow was sometime in mid November. Anyway how has your winter been?

N

natalie

Overall, in London, hasn't been too bad, snow happened on Wednesday, I think it was, and settled, and then melted more or less, in fact more, the following day, I was then able to go out shopping.

Apparently, there is to be some snow on Wednesday, however, at the moment different types of forcast, are not all what they seem to be.

It has been very cold.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Winter time messes up my mood badly. I got the worst episodes of panic and anxiety attacks.

This year, winter has been ok for the most part except that this coming week is going to be brutal. We are going to have air moving in from the North Pole that will drop temperatures to what feels like -60 degrees f.
We gos snow storm warnings for today and tomorrow. The temperature are is already -19 degrees Fahrenheit.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

This Winter has been rough,as all of them are.I have SAD(seasonal affective disorder)and I am counting down the days until Spring.

Winter sucks the life out of me but knowing it's not long until it will be over gives me hope and something to look forward to.

whiteflags330

whiteflags330

This Winter has been rough,as all of them are.I have SAD(seasonal affective disorder)and I am counting down the days until Spring.

Winter sucks the life out of me but knowing it's not long until it will be over gives me hope and something to look forward to.
Lately not good. I have SAD too

J

Jules5

Today Jan 28th 2019 we are cooking out some steaks outside-it is about 60. Cold for us. My brother went up North and now has pneumonia. I live in Florida. Every season here has an affective episode with me. Sometimes okay other times in my room. I sure wish I wa Happy Joyeous and free from abnormal thinking.

J

Jules5

The most wonderful feelings I felt is when I go outside and start a bonfire by my self-I love it-have not been able to do it because of this damn depressive state I am in

J

Jules5

The weather is my main stay. I watch it constantly. I like hearing about your weather-I will probably get addicted to this thread. Florida is no peaches and cream. Just Sun everyday-still does not pick my mood up

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

The weather is my main stay. I watch it constantly. I like hearing about your weather-I will probably get addicted to this thread. Florida is no peaches and cream. Just Sun everyday-still does not pick my mood up
Can send some sun over my way?? 😁
God I can’t even remember when was the last time I saw the sun. It could’ve been 2 weeks ago. I believe my mood depends on the weather.

I love bonfires. I do that in summer time. I usually put up my tent in the backyard and have lunch and dinners there. It’s very calming and soothing.
If you like some change for your weather, we can always switch places🙂 just remember to bring 2-3 coats.

P

Pairou

Yeah, sun every day... and summer thunderstorms. :p I lived in Florida most of my life. Now I'm a bit further up north. I love snow, we've only had a little bit.

It's been cold but so far it isn't terrible. This next week or two I hear it will be freezing.

J

Jules5

Can send some sun over my way?? 😁
God I can’t even remember when was the last time I saw the sun. It could’ve been 2 weeks ago. I believe my mood depends on the weather.

I love bonfires. I do that in summer time. I usually put up my tent in the backyard and have lunch and dinners there. It’s very calming and soothing.
If you like some change for your weather, we can always switch places🙂 just remember to bring 2-3 coats.
We had 24 hours of rain all the firewood is wet. We have plenty from Hurricane Erma -knocked down a bunch a trees on property. I already burn the small stuff last year. the big stuff will take a while to burn need to go on a camping trip on a cold weekend-We have four big dogs and it is almost impossible to leave them-no one wants the responsibility of watching them for us.

You know setting up a tent in yard would be great-the dogs would love it and so would I. Sounds great.

The Sun does make a difference especially to the Tourist who come to Florida.

J

Jules5

Yeah, sun every day... and summer thunderstorms. :p I lived in Florida most of my life. Now I'm a bit further up north. I love snow, we've only had a little bit.

It's been cold but so far it isn't terrible. This next week or two I hear it will be freezing.
It has been in the 30s at night here-close to 60s or 70s during the day. You forgot to mention the Hurricanes here. I have lived in Florida most of my life. Mainly in Saint Petersburg. I do miss the snow and season changes. I just hate when then clocks fall back in the Fall.

P

Pairou

It has been in the 30s at night here-close to 60s or 70s during the day. You forgot to mention the Hurricanes here. I have lived in Florida most of my life. Mainly in Saint Petersburg. I do miss the snow and season changes. I just hate when then clocks fall back in the Fall.
Near the beach, right? Or am I thinking of a different area? I lived in Orlando/Kissimmee so lots and lots of tourists wanting to bask in the sun. We had some bad hurricanes but we aren't as close to the water as you were!

megirl

megirl

I'm down here in NZ the weather well this climate change thing scares me
But anyway we have had the remnants of the heatwave that Aussie has been getting. The temperatures have been
the hottest on record for this summer and its really dry here.
Then following the UK,'s weather wonder what our winter will be like.
It worries me the ongoing effects of climate change. Maybe I have too much time on my hands.
Anyway I hope that things warm up for those feeling the effects of those freezing temperatures
:hug::hug:

megirl

megirl

Probably better being hot rather then those freezing temperatures some places are getting take care

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

The temperature here is going from -35 degrees to 35 to 40 degrees above zero in 2 days. Such an unstable weather this year. We had it nice for the first half of winter which normally very cold and snowy.

megirl

megirl

Wow that's crazy like how the heck do you deal or cope with that. Here I was worrying about a few degrees more than usual? :hug:

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Wow that's crazy like how the heck do you deal or cope with that. Here I was worrying about a few degrees more than usual? :hug:
It was record breaking temperatures in decades. Schools were closed so the kids had a long break 🙂. Some stores were closed as well.
We just stayed home all week and didn’t go anywhere.

The first night we got hit with the freezing cold, my house at night didn’t warm properly. My wife and kids were complaining that it was cold. The thermostat was set to 85 and still needed to blankets and couldn’t go to sleep till 5 in the morning.
I set the heater even higher and waited for the furnace to start by it didn’t.

It turned out that my 17 months old daughter went to laundry room with my earlier, that’s where the furnace is located, and she had turned the furnace off completely😁.

We are going to have a warm week till next Thursday then temps will drop again to -20. We have to enjoy it while it lasts and I can’t wait till spring and summer. Where’s global warming when you need it???😟