• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

It's back.

SilentTears

SilentTears

Am really struggling at the minute. For the past 7 months or so I've been feeling quite good, starting to get my life back together again after almost falling apart. Sure, there have been tough times, days that were really bad, but those days were getting few and far between.

But lately I've just been feeling really down again. Like there's just no point in anything. I really don't want to end up back at square one, back when I just couldn't do anything, didn't have the energy to leave my bed or eat or even to switch on the light. I don't want to be back there.

But I feel myself slipping a bit. And I have no idea why - am going to university in a month, and I'm so excited about it. But at the same time, I'm just... depressed I guess.

Am just not really sure what to do about it, how to fight it again, or if I've even got the strength to fight it again.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn"? :)

Q

quality factor

Am really struggling at the minute. For the past 7 months or so I've been feeling quite good, starting to get my life back together again after almost falling apart. Sure, there have been tough times, days that were really bad, but those days were getting few and far between.

But lately I've just been feeling really down again. Like there's just no point in anything. I really don't want to end up back at square one, back when I just couldn't do anything, didn't have the energy to leave my bed or eat or even to switch on the light. I don't want to be back there.

But I feel myself slipping a bit. And I have no idea why - am going to university in a month, and I'm so excited about it. But at the same time, I'm just... depressed I guess.

Am just not really sure what to do about it, how to fight it again, or if I've even got the strength to fight it again.
As I've got older I have found that I've been able to learn from experience and when things get tough again I can call on that experience to help me handle things more successfully or appropriately.
Two lengthy hospitalisations have made me more determined not to end up there again. It is difficult when faced with depression to try and stop it in it's tracks and regain wellness, I feel you tend to look back on how bad things got before and be frightened by it, that it will happen again. Somehow I have managed so far, under extreme stress and bereavements, to keep going. This has been done with family/friend/cmht support and of course myself . It is not easy, we all face rocky roads ahead of some kind, it depends on your determination to fight this thing.

You are about to enter a new phase in your life by going to university, with it comes the obvious excitement. but also comes doubt. You may be wondering such things as , will I cope?, make new friends? what will it be like? etc etc.

It could be that you are worrying about the prospect of university life subconciously, after all it's a big step, albeit a natural progression of your education, for you to take. With it also comes a lot more responsibility for yourself and your actions.

My advice to you would be to work hard and if you want to, play hard. Enjoy the experience, for it is unique. If you do feel depression coming on, acknowledge the warning signs and seek help...nip it in the bud.

Good luck to you.
QF.

Last edited:
Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
You are about to enter a new phase in your life by going to university, with it comes the obvious excitement. but also comes doubt. You may be wondering such things as , will I cope?, make new friends? what will it be like? etc etc.

It could be that you are worrying about the prospect of university life subconciously, after all it's a big step, albeit a natural progression of your education, for you to take. With it also comes a lot more responsibility for yourself and your actions.

Very true, despite the excitement, it's the start of a new path, and talking of journeys generally they usually involves multiple emotions...

S

Soren

keep going friend - university will be fantastic!:clap: look after yourself.:)

SilentTears

SilentTears

Thanks everyone :). It is indeed a big step. Am feeling a lot better today, and gonna work hard, so hopefully the good days will outweigh the bad ones.