• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

It's all coming back. I'm scared.

Y

Yoruichi

Well I have BPD and have schizoaffective disorder as well.
I used to have a really difficult time with cutting and a sense of reality. I also had difficulty with psychosis.
I'm not sure if the psychosis could be attributed to the schizoaffective at times or the BPD because now I'm learning that psychosis can be a symptom of BPD.
But it's all coming back. The cutting, the loss of reality, the voices. I don't know what to do.
I just started seeing a new psychologist and she insists on making sure my hallucinations are 'real' and due to a mental illness and not some medical condition. I understand where she is coming from but I've been having them for years and years now I think I know what it's like. I just want her to start helping me.
I don't know what to do.

MadEmma

MadEmma

hello

I thought i would reply so u know ur not alone, i think maybe your new therapist is just making sure ur are ok medically as sometimes u could get psycosis with an injury or brain prob. At least you will know your healthy at the end of it if you know it is your bpd.

Stick with things, take it as it comes, it can get frustrating when therapy ans answers come slow, please dont be scared, things were good before so no reason why they cant be again, at least you have a therapist and you are doing all the right things. Good luckxx
emma

D

Dashem

Hi

Try hang in there, i dont really know much about ur illness, but i can empathise with ur thoughts of frustration..

These docs have policies n procedures they are to go thru are usually just standard procedure. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest..

I hope this makes some kinda sense to u..

G

ginger

sometimes it takes a liitle time for these doctors to sought these things out.I know its frightening, I also know you are scared , because you carnt make sense of anyhting ,but the positive side is you are seeking help . listen to some music you like ,ring a friend up to talk to them and of course you are on the net ,these are just a couple of suggestions for you to think about,my son talks just like you stay positive things will work out ok good luck ginger