• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

It'll be lonely this Christmas

Silver

Silver

I've been reading this forum and a couple of others for a while now. I'm quite lonely today, not much to do, choosing to cut myself off from much of my family and not answered the phone today. It has therefore been stress free, peaceful, i feel peace, but i am lonely. I know that some of my friends who have small children, are having much more fun than i am today. People spending it with loving families. Big family get togethers. It makes me feel very sad. I was married but we never had children. He cheated on me. This was years ago now. I'm ok on my own, i have my mum that i have seen today, but now i'm back at mine and feeling sorry for myself. Had too much Baileys!

:cry2:

krista

krista

being alone is not the worst thing. take care. at least you can do what you want. and have all the Bailey's you want! :)
hugs

Silver

Silver

Thank you Krista and Nikita for the warm welcome. It is better to have peace and loneliness than what i've been used to in previous years. I just wish things were different but they aren't so i'm just going to have to try and make the most of things.

U

utter madness

I understand that feeling I've been with family and had a nice day but I still feel that loneliness u describe it's the worst feeling nothing can tk that empty and depressed feeling I have it's dreadful

A

act044

I have an almost 4 year old to spend my Christmas with but it's still lonely . I love seeing his face as he opens all his presents on Christmas but I still feel so down. I try and keep it together for him while I'm dying on the inside. I find whether I'm alone or surrounded by family I still feel crappie. I just hope I gave my son the Christmas he wants and deserves. I want these feelings to go away. I find the holidays are extra lonely . It sucks that so many people feel like this on times that are supposed to be joyous. I don't know what to say because even though I have people to spend it with I still feel like this. Wishing you a merry late Christmas and hope you feel better . Hugs to you .

megirl

megirl

I have told my self this year surround myself with positive.
We totally buggered off for xmas, no early xmas or anything similiar. Hubby me and the dog went away to the back country where there are no people. No cell phone coverage, just the tent I had some good books, there was lots of sunshine, warm, and the beauty of the lovely mountains. I could stay there for ever. I didnt feel lonely i had the world shut out and just enjoying nature.
Very fortunate to be able to do this.
Anyway enjoy that baileys wish i could join you,
x

A

act044

That sounds nice . If it wasn't so cold here I would love to do that. It's so nice to get away like that in summer. Do some fishing and swim in the lake. The campfires. The beauty of nature and the quietness of being alone. I love taking my son. He enjoys being outside.