• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

It is ok to stop working for a while

B

bangalore1

I have become very stressed out trying to keep working. Anxiety and depression has got worse. I am feeling rough and i need to give up my job.
It has taken a lot out of me and i need to rest for a long time.
I will go to the doctor and get signed off for a while.

Z

Zoe1

hi Bangalore hold onto those notes
keep it all in one place
you will need a lot of detail to get benefits

:grouphug:

B

bangalore1

I feel a massive relief as i am not well enough to drive a lorry and rescue people at the moment.
I need time out and i will see how i am in 3 months time.It will be statury sick pay and universal credit.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Only you can make the decision to take time off work, but I will say there's no shame in getting signed off sick for a few weeks or as long as you need to deal with what you're going through.

I hope you can get all the help you need.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I’ve made that choice. Take a rest if that is what you need. Thats a tough decision to make. I feel for you. Its okay to home and rest. I hope things go well with work and the doctors and you start to feel better soon.

B

bangalore1

I’ve made that choice. Take a rest if that is what you need. Thats a tough decision to make. I feel for you. Its okay to home and rest. I hope things go well with work and the doctors and you start to feel better soon.
Thank you. It is a very dangerous job and i was talking out loud to myself for a long trip on a motorway driving a truck.

B

bangalore1

With the OCD and the anxiety and depression. I am grateful that i worked again for a few years.
I did a good Job for the company, the work enviroment and the battle to get paid right took its toll. I have not got the energy to battle them anymore and i am gutted as i really liked the actual work of helping people. I also enjoyed driving trucks, it is not a failure and i have done the responsible thing as my mental health was declining a lot. It could cause a lot of harm if i made a mistake and i was just suffering to much to keep going with it.
I have given it a good go and when i feel better i will try something else. This is not the end, it is a new begining.

B

bangalore1

Their is no stigma in getting help when you need it. The problem in this country is their is harsh judgement from some people for claiming money for being sick. As my thai friend says, up to you!

B

bangalore1

I feel much better for stopping work, the stress was having a bad affect on me.