It happened, I got fired

Foxie

Foxie

Posted about my job before on here, terrible things obviously.
I got terminated today.
They said I seemed really unhappy there, true.
and my skills weren't 100% improving, true.
I'm 22, and I just got fired from my first ever job after 4 months.

Now I just feel like a piece of useless crap.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi
Sending you lots of hugs. Its not great being fired. I remember being about your age when i was told to either resign or get fired. I chose to resign. I too was really unhappy in my job, hadnt made any allies in the workplace and was just floundering around like a dying fish.
You can recover from this.
Not every job is right for us. You cant be expected to know everything and have all the skills.
Please dont be too hard on yourself. look at it as a positive- you now can look for something more suitable. You were unhappy there and that was never gonna improve. You will find something else, hang on in there.
Keep talking
Hugs
Fox

sunset547544

sunset547544

I am really sorry to hear that. I know how bad it feels. Still imagine blowing up ex colleagues with TNT etc lol. I have been fired twice from jobs and my wife got made redundant recently. It is really common (but not something people like talking about) so try and dust yourself off, learn from it and move on. Good luck ! Chances are it will be an opportunity to find a job you much prefer quite possibly paying more money.

Last edited:
Foxie

Foxie

Thank you both, onwards and upwards I know.
At least I don't have to deal with that place again...
I get 2 weeks pay at least, so I have time to find another job.
Thanks for the feedback and support, fingers crossed!