• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

it always gets better :)

RadioHush

RadioHush

hello everyone,

i joined this forum in the midst of my depression and helplessness. i was lost and felt like i was alone in the world. everything was chaotic around me, nothing made sense, and it seemed like i lost all hope for it to get better again.
because of this i stopped going to school and fell into an even deeper depression. my medication and therapy didnt help me and i honestly thought that id have to live like this forever if i didnt leave on my own accord.

but now i feel like i finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and i couldnt be happier. i havent cried in days or weeks, have found an apprenticeship for the next 3 years and am working on going outside and keeping in touch with my friends. i thought i lost all hope but obviously i didnt or else i wouldnt be here.
thoughts like "it cant get worse than how im feeling right now. it can only get up from here." and "you survived 100% of bad days up to this point, so you can survive this one too." helped me a lot in those times.
this depression is still not over, id be a fool to think that. im still scared that this is only a moment of hysteria in my depression journey but i have a purpose again and more importantly something to look forward to.

ive never felt as helpless and useless as in these 6 months but i think i found peace again.
ill try to take everything one step at a time and continue to work on my problems.

i finally believe in the saying "it always gets better if you persevere."

- radio <3

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
hello everyone,

i joined this forum in the midst of my depression and helplessness. i was lost and felt like i was alone in the world. everything was chaotic around me, nothing made sense, and it seemed like i lost all hope for it to get better again.
because of this i stopped going to school and fell into an even deeper depression. my medication and therapy didnt help me and i honestly thought that id have to live like this forever if i didnt leave on my own accord.

but now i feel like i finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and i couldnt be happier. i havent cried in days or weeks, have found an apprenticeship for the next 3 years and am working on going outside and keeping in touch with my friends. i thought i lost all hope but obviously i didnt or else i wouldnt be here.
thoughts like "it cant get worse than how im feeling right now. it can only get up from here." and "you survived 100% of bad days up to this point, so you can survive this one too." helped me a lot in those times.
this depression is still not over, id be a fool to think that. im still scared that this is only a moment of hysteria in my depression journey but i have a purpose again and more importantly something to look forward to.

ive never felt as helpless and useless as in these 6 months but i think i found peace again.
ill try to take everything one step at a time and continue to work on my problems.

i finally believe in the saying "it always gets better if you persevere."

- radio <3

Thanks for this. It can be so hard to keep the faith in the journey with so much pain sometimes. So thanks

C

charlieblack5

Fantastic to see a thread like this. You’re so right. It’s difficult to see light when you’re consumed by darkness. I’ve just replied to another thread with a chap saying how he feels he has no purpose, not a great job, living at home. That was me 9yrs ago. I now have different issues (!) but those original ones have changed through time, circumstance and growth. Nothing lasts forever, even this feeling.

Thank you. It’s so important to highlight.

U

Usedup

Thanks! Very encouraging post. Kudos for getting through all those dark days and I'm happy that things are looking better for you.

RadioHush

RadioHush

Thanks for this. It can be so hard to keep the faith in the journey with so much pain sometimes. So thanks
of course! i believe in you and im glad that my experiences help you even if its only a bit. just know that youre not alone and that more people that you know go through exactly the same thing as you!
hope you get better soon
-radio x

RadioHush

RadioHush

Fantastic to see a thread like this. You’re so right. It’s difficult to see light when you’re consumed by darkness. I’ve just replied to another thread with a chap saying how he feels he has no purpose, not a great job, living at home. That was me 9yrs ago. I now have different issues (!) but those original ones have changed through time, circumstance and growth. Nothing lasts forever, even this feeling.

Thank you. It’s so important to highlight.
yeah its just important to always try and get through our hardships and look forward to the highlights at the end of them. i think ive never learned as much about myself as in this time i went through.
thanks for sharing a bit about your story too, im glad that youve overcome your past troubles!
-radio