• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

it’s getting bad lol

• Thread starter failedvibecheck
  • Start date
F

failedvibecheck

It’s starting to affect my academics. Not fun because when my grades fall so does my self worth, I end up sh’ing to cope, and that of course usually makes my mental health even worse, which then makes my grades even worse, and I sh again. lovely cycle, isn’t it?
I don’t know what to do. I sit on my desk to study because I know I need to, but for some reason each time I try I end up sh’ing instead. It’s probably because I keep the thing I use in my desk drawer but I’m...not moving it. Don’t know why. Also for some insane reason I decided to join a sh community on Twitter?? Bad idea bc I’m constantly surrounded by sh n sh*t like that.

Actually know that I think about it all of this is literally my fault. Like, I’m pretty much nursing my sh tendencies. Fun.

N

Nukelavee

Yeah, ditch the SH object, and drop the group.

I think you know the self-harm doesn't help. My experience (because I used to do it) is that it becomes addictive. Plus, it becomes the easy way to deal with stress and pain - rather than trying to work out why, and come up with an effective coping strategy, ie, a healthy one, it's easy to take the endorphine rush when you need it.

JessisMe

JessisMe

It seems like rather than trying to push the sh tendencies and triggers at bay instead you are keeping them very close around you. Possibly because doing this makes you feel a sense of comfort? Are there other things you could come up with that provide you comfort and help to alleviate stress? Maybe exercise, venting here or a warm bath or shower or something? I think the most n important thing here is that you have acknowledged that the current setup reinforces the wrong tendencies and is a bad arrangement for you. The question is where do you go from
here...?

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Too much sarcasm. It's passive aggressive and affects you. Advice: drop it. Go admit you have a problem, get help. The only thing time does is it gives you more scars or damages your body more on some way and that's it. One day you'll get help. It's better to go ask for it rather than expect it to come.

Ps. I'm not cold. I just talk this way.

P

Prycejosh1987

Also for some insane reason I decided to join a sh community on Twitter?? Bad idea bc I’m constantly surrounded by sh n sh*t like that.
think you should have a heart of steel, it cannot be penetrated by foolishness. Try other social media, We will always be surounded by rubbish, make life fun for you and do what you like to do. Have and always make you time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Self Harm Forum 3
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad Self Harm Forum 7
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad Self Harm Forum 17