• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Isolation

N

Nate

I have severe OCD and all my life I've been around people. I would have terrible violent intrusive thoughts about hurting these people. I was married for 15 years and had 4 kids, when the kids were young I thought I would molest them, or violently hurt them it was a very trying time in my life. I have found that in my life now that I have to isolate to keep from having intrusive thoughts. I know it's not healthy to be alone all the time but it's the only way I can have a clear mind. I do go out to go to the store and to church but that's it. I have let some people close but I'm scared their going to hurt me or that I'm going to hurt them. I have terrible murderess thoughts. I don't trust anyone. I sit in my rocking chair all day listening to music and surfing the internet about my medication. I don't know what to do with myself, am I alone?

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Isolation absolutely makes things worse. Do you have anyone to talk to at church? Many times I have wished I believed so I could go to church. I am also at a stage where I desperately need people, but are also afraid of them. I try to be comfortable alone. I wish I was better at it. I hope you can find a way to have a little smile today.