• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Isolation

G

Golden

I'm so isolated it's suffocating. I need to work on changing this. I feel like the greatest barrier to connecting with others is keeping this diagnosis secret. Keeping the fact I have a mental health condition secret.

I'm isolated from my friends as I have had to pretend I work. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm going to be honest because I think the world needs to know how disgusting it is to feel this way. I've become paranoid over being found out. I've behaved ridiculously and not given an explanation for that. I think I might now but I will be cautious who I tell.

I sat by the pond today. I didn't want to drown which is a good start. My brain is attempting to level itself after the little cocktail I fed it yesterday morning. No doubt I'm in for a crash.

David Cameron got in. Better the devil you know.

At which point do you think fuck it and get a job? Do I rest or do I jump the benefit ship?

Kerome

Kerome

You seem to have a lot of thoughts swirling around you. I'd suggest trying to find a bit of peace, by just taking a step back and letting thoughts come and go. Just staying aware of your surroundings, what you see and what you hear, and gently telling your thoughts you're not interested in them. Eventually it will quiet down and peace will come. I'd just enjoy it for a bit.

But I think you're right, I do that too. I have two sets of friends now, those who I know largely from mental health day centre visits and who are aware of my condition, and those who don't. They mostly don't know eachother so not much chance they will meet and talk.

I do think that having a job is better than not, as long as there is no other focus in your life which is taking up your time. If you are just drifting then a job can give you some purpose, money, new colleagues.

G

Golden

You hit the nail on the head Kerome. I need reminding to just be. I will come back soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Bipolar Forum 6