isolation/depersonalization/feel alone

B

brokenbutterfly32

Hi , do any of you guys deal with wanting to be alone but not wanting to be alone . Depersonalization and wanting ppl around but getting more anxious or depressed because you cant feel the love you know you have for them . And like you're in your own head and can't get out of it .. any tips or people dealing with it are WELCOMED

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi brokenbutterfly32,

That sounds familiar. The feeling of wanting to be with other people, but then not wanting to hurt them or bring them down. Unfortunately, it's hard to have both for long - as humans, we want to interact with others, but as mental health sufferers we can feel guilty about hurting others and making them upset. To me, it's a choice - either you withdraw and don't risk hurting anyone, or you stay with people and risk hurting them. I initially chose to withdraw, but then changed my mind, and haven't look back since. Personally, I would continue to hang out with others, and work on social skills so that you reduce your chance of hurting others if you feel like you're prone to do so. Whatever you choose, I trust that you'll make the right decision for yourself :)

Much love <3

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi , do any of you guys deal with wanting to be alone but not wanting to be alone . Depersonalization and wanting ppl around but getting more anxious or depressed because you cant feel the love you know you have for them . And like you're in your own head and can't get out of it .. any tips or people dealing with it are WELCOMED
Hi brokenbutterfly32
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
I too suffer with depression and it makes me push people away, i want to be alone too but then suffer from terrible loneliness that comes with it.
My husband tells me that he loves me multiple times a day but because of my depression i cannot really feel it. and it makes me feel so down and alone.
I dont have any answers im afraid, i just wanted you to know that there are others out there dealing with what you are feeling and wanted to welcome you.
Hugs
Fox