• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Isolating myself

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

The future feels bleak and I really don't know what to do. I think I may be heading into a depression but it's hard to tell for me...my mood is low but I am restless and antsy like almost always. I just know it would be better for my friends if I distance myself for a bit. Not that it's bad to talk about struggles but no one seems to be up for it which is okay too.Im trying so hard. I'm going to try to make some "music" today I think...that always keeps my full attention occupied for hours. I have a lot that needs to come out so hopefully that will help. I've been listening for number stations or anything interesting really on shortwave radio to sample in my "music" which also uses up time...

Z

Zoe1

I think making music will help , and writing lyrics maybe
if you can do that as well, which you probably can do
yes doing things like that
you might find you have things to talk about to friends
if your friends dont want to talk about problems
maybe you can find some other things you like as well

:grouphug: 🎵 🌅🌻

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Thank you @Zoe1 i think everyone's just been a bit distant as we are all kind of struggling right now so we haven't even been talking about light hearted things either..

And I would write lyrics if I could but really I don't have any musical skills at all :LOL: that's why I say "music" in quotes, because it's not really music I guess, but it is to me (y)

Z

Zoe1

you're putting yourself down though

you wrote some lyrics here

The future feels bleak
I really don't know what to do
it's hard to tell for me...
I am restless and antsy
Not that it's bad to talk about struggles
but no one seems to be up for it
Im trying so hard.
im going to make some music
I have a lot that needs to come out

I just edited your first paragraph and you have a song !

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Wow, I never thought about really trying to write lyrics I guess but you make it look easy haha 😃 I think what I mean is, I'm not ready to make serious music that has an actual meaning, if that makes sense? I just make noise as oppose to music I guess, but I still love to listen to them as music for myself

Z

Zoe1

I bet they are really good

where I agree with you is it starts out
as a way to entertain yourself
that also is really good, because its not pretentious ...

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Yeah I have a fear of seeming pretentious when it comes to art or "music" I make because I'm not trying to be "good"
It's really just to let my mind speak...I've made a couple that are more like actual music but lately my mind just races so much I just put a bunch of songs and sounds happening at the same time, to make the thoughts tangible
I also feel like these audios keep my mind "awake" and help me from going into autopilot or mind-blindness

Z

Zoe1

all sounds very creative to me
anything could pass for music these days anyway
people can make music out of sticks and dustbin lids

maybe when you're feeling more confident
you can post yours in the gallery
ive go a feeling its going to be really good !