• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Isn't it terrible when you think...'oh no, not the sunshine '

Unique1

Unique1

It looks like a summers day out there today..and instead of thinking what a beautiful day..I thought 'oh no not sunshine' I feel guilty for thinking like that, but sunshine brings humans out in droves..it brings my nosey, judgemental,neighbour out into the garden, and it makes me feel bad about staying indoors...at least in winter it makes more sense to recluse...it feels bad but it's also a bit laughable, I like to try see the funny side of things, whenever possible, I guess it's how I survive...a lot of the time it's me against the world, including the sea LOL..

It really is a lovely sunny day out there ...and I guess for those needing some vitamin D it's perfect...just wondering if I should close the curtains....

bulbie

bulbie

I hide too. I have sociable neighbours, and I'm just like hell to the no with that shit.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I totally get where you're coming from.
Whilst I love Spring because it feels like the heaviness of winter is being lifted, when it comes to the summer I sometimes struggle.
It's the idea that everybody's out there having fun while i'm so lonely that gets to me.

Oh and i'm sorry about your neighbour. I can sympathise with neighbour trouble. :hug:

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Somerset scorpio and thanks for response.

Yes summer somehow highlights that I no longer go out very much, and how much I struggle with people. Such a shame, I can remember a time when I loved summertime. Now, like you, it can make me feel lonely and left out.

I intend to try and go out a little more this summer, although that won't be easy for me to achieve, and not sure I'm going to achieve it..the intention is there. My vulnerability with people really weighs heavy on me...

It's another beautiful sunny day here, and I feel uneasy with the reminder of things to come....

Hope your day is a chilled one :)