• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Isn't it hard when..

A

abertha

You talk yourself into doing something, only to have it not happen?

The last 3 weeks I have been going to a norwegian lesson every thursday morning, and the only way I could get there and back was if my boyfriend came with. So he does, willingly, and although im still terrified it makes it much easier to have him there.

Today is my birthday, and all week we have been planning to go out for a nice lunch and a shop for it, after my lesson today. I have been freaking out about my lesson as usual, all week and all night and losing sleep over it.

Well, it takes 2 hours to get to my lesson, and now just before I was about to leave, I get an email saying my teacher is sick, and can only do a half hour lesson not the usual 1.5 hours, and if I didnt want to come in she didnt care.

So my boyfriend jumps at the chance...'right im off back to bed'...so no birthday lunch for me. I bet he can't be bothered to go into town just for that now.He'll probably sleep til 3pm.

Now im sitting here, all dressed up like some disgusting person all awake and alone. :cry:

D

Dollit

Why didn't you challenge him and say it's your birthday, you've geared yourself up to do something. He won't know how you're feeling if you don't tell him. And considering your problem with going out he may just think that you'll be relieved not to go.

J

jamesdean

Happy birthday abertha, I think you should jump on top of him n tell him you want to go for lunch fo ryour birthday and that he needs to get up. He will be amazed that you did that he will want to go out for lunch.

keepsafe

keepsafe

:hug:Happy Birthday Abertha
Hope you get to do something nice today anyway
KS

Q

quality factor

Happy Birthday Abertha....:flowers:

Hope you do manage to get out for lunch!

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Happy Birthday Abertha :).
Hope you managed to go out for your lunch & shopping!!
:hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Did your boyfriend take you out or did he stay in bed. If so I hope you made him suffer for it. People that dont know how hard it is to prime yourself for an event, when you suffer social anxiety then when your ready mentally they make an excuse and your left floundering.

I do hope you got out if not at luch then in the evening

A

abertha

Thanks guys. yes we made it out in the end. I couldn't bring myself to ask him to get up though, sometimes I feel like I am not allowed to want anything.