Is this

R

RestJa

Hello everyone

First, sorry if this doesn't really count as SAD, but it is a season-based problem

The reason for posting this is a recurring problem that I've been battling for most of my life now and just wanted to put it out there and see if it rang true for anyone.

Around about this time of year I always get depressed. I'm not normally depressed or a depressive-type person, I've experienced it in the past but it's in response to difficult times and it comes and it goes, but when March comes along, almost as if on schedule, nothing seems to be right anymore. I feel numb and miserable almost all the time, there are times when I feel like crying for no reason at all, and all I want to do is just sit around and wait for it to be over. Come mid-May, though, everything's fine: all those feelings are gone and life goes back to normal. It's as if it never even happened.

What's stranger: One year I was so busy I hadn't really realised the date, and everything was fine, but when I finally did make a note of the date I was immediately plunged into that depressive mood.

It's always in the time leading up to Easter, I had a really terrible experience one easter when I was younger, I know it stems from that. It took me a year to get past it (wasn't a great year, either) but every easter since then it's like my brain starts re-living those emotions I felt at the time, even though I feel I'm at peace with what happened. There are times when it's a manageable problem, but then events conspire to put me back into a depressive state: I remember it was a particularly sunny easter weekend, so sunny weather around this time is a big trigger.

I've not told anyone about this until last year. I told two people, they both acted like I was a freak, that was a big help.

This problem has really been affecting my life, I want to move on from the past but this recurring mood won't let me, I want it to stop, but I don't even know what it is or what to do about it.

So yeah. If anyone can identify this, knows a name for it, or knows anything that might help, it would be great if you'd shoot me a response.

Thanks Everyone. Have a great day.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

hi

I just had my first SAD free winter in about 45 years because I took Vitamin D supplements.

Hope this helps, they call it Vitamin Depression and its behind most SAD cases.