• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is this schizophrenia?

nenexx

nenexx

I need your advice, please read everything.

Recently, I have developed fear of schizophrenia and psychosis, and it freaks me out. Even if I 've been two psychiatrist two times and even if he told me that I don't have it and it is just anxiety, even if all my schizophrenia tests were negative with 0 symptoms, it is still hard for me to believe that I don't have it. I don't think that: somebody is following me, that I am God, that somebody is spying on me, that my family put poison in food, that I have magical powers, I don't see things that others don't, I don't feel things that other don't, I don't have any kind of delusion, that i can read others people mind and etc...

The only thing that I have is really complicated to explain but I 'll try. Random thoughts, which I wouldn't qualify as voices but more as loud thoughts in my head pop up. For example, something that doesn't make any sense, it doesn't talk to me, it doesn't command me, it doesn't comment my deeds, or anything like that, they just pop out and they last less than second but after it gets in my head it gets me so scared, my adrenaline starts to pump up and my starts to beat and I get scared of schizophrenia. The second thing is same but it happens when I am falling asleep, when I am falling asleep random conversations,pictures and thoughts pop up in my mind and it freaks me OUT!!!!! For example I will start dreaming about soccer gaming and suddenly in my mind my friend would pop up who would say for example hand me the ball and in that moment, I am gonna open my eyes and my adrenaline will start to rush because I think that it is not normal, it could be so loud but I know its in my head.
I know that everything is just in my head.
This happens for example 5 days, and it disappears for like month and it comes again for few days, usually when I am tired but it doesn't have any timing, it happens without any warning.
Doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg daily xanax for 2 months and he says I am fine and I have nothing to worry about, but I think that I am going nuts, even if everybody told me that people with schizophrenia will never be aware that they are going into it, but I am aware of everything, of every little thing my mind notices or makes.

nenexx

nenexx

You have intrusive thoughts, not schizophrenia.
I hope, fear is so strong that sometimes it really convinces me that I have schizophrenia...
As I have already mentioned before, it happens for 5 days and it disappears for like month and it comes back, loud thoughts followed by images, conversations, and fast mumbling thoughts which lasts less than second but it makes me so scared.... How do I get rid of instrutive thoughts?

What others think?

nenexx

nenexx

Yeah, that's still intrusive thoughts.

Just notice that they are just intrusive thoughts and carry on with your day.
But what would be considered as auditory hallucinations, what kind of sound?
Also this happens when I hear nothing, when I am alone with my mind, doesnt happen when imma with friends, watching tv, movies and listening to music, and even if it does happen it happens rarely

nenexx

nenexx

I hope, here my brain is making thoughts in head, milion thoughts followed by conversations when i am falling to sleep, and during the day, that would be only thoughts or words which would last for literally milisecond, but enough to make me scared that i am going nuts, and that i have schizophrenia

Passionflower

Passionflower

It sounds like what others have said, intrusive thoughts, not schizophrenia.

nenexx

nenexx

It sounds like what others have said, intrusive thoughts, not schizophrenia.
I hope, all tests are negative, I don't have any schiozphrenia symptom + two psychiatrist told me that its anxiety, but this thing that is happening to me is killing me, my brain is convincing me that I have it or that I will get it...

veela

veela

You don't become schizophrenic out of nowhere.
Did anything stressful happen in your life recently?
Like a loss of a good friend by example or something which caused great stress and doubt or other bad emotions in you.
Like why are you so convinced you will become schizophrenic?
Greets
Veela

nenexx

nenexx

You don't become schizophrenic out of nowhere.
Did anything sstressful happen in your life recently?
Like a loss of a good friend by example or something which caused great stress and doubt or other bad emtions in you.
Like why are you so convinced you will become schizophrenic?
Greets
Veela
Nah, really just panic attacks and fear of dying and etc......
But they told me I cant get schizophrenia bcz of panic attacks and those fears.
I am convinced even if I don't have any specific symptom or sign because I get these thoughts in my head, its hard to explain, they last for milisecond, they mean nothing to me, it doesn't command me or anything, but enough to make me scared. That is what happens during the day, and during the night, when I am falling asleep, I get images in my head, conversations and thoughts, million thoughts which my brain makes. For example I will start to sleep and during falling asleep I will imagine that I am playing football and everything will go smoothly, and then suddenly my friend there would tell me "Hey, hand me the ball" but I didn't want him to show up and instantly it makes me scared, I get out of breath and my heart starts to pump up...

veela

veela

Nah, really just panic attacks and fear of dying and etc......
But they told me I cant get schizophrenia bcz of panic attacks and those fears.
I am convinced even if I don't have any specific symptom or sign because I get these thoughts in my head, its hard to explain, they last for milisecond, they mean nothing to me, it doesn't command me or anything, but enough to make me scared. That is what happens during the day, and during the night, when I am falling asleep, I get images in my head, conversations and thoughts, million thoughts which my brain makes. For example I will start to sleep and during falling asleep I will imagine that I am playing football and everything will go smoothly, and then suddenly my friend there would tell me "Hey, hand me the ball" but I didn't want him to show up and instantly it makes me scared, I get out of breath and my heart starts to pump up...
Hm. I can not tell you what is up.
The best thing to prevent psychosis or work on your anxiety or that problem is probably if you could talk to a psychologist once a month. He or she will listen to you and i strongly believe you can work out your problems there and prevent anything bad you are convinced that will happen to you.

nenexx

nenexx

Hm. I can not tell you what is up.
The best thing to prevent psychosis or work on your anxiety or that problem is probably if you could talk to a psychologist once a month. He or she will listen to you and i strongly believe you can work out your problems there and prevent anything bad you are convinced that will happen to you.
So you think that I am not schizophrenic, because all tests are negative + doctors told me that I am okay, and I don't have any schizophrenia symptom...

veela

veela

I guess you are not. But i can not tell what is going on in your head. That is why i recommend you to go to a professional and talk once a month with her. That way you are on the safe side you know.

nenexx

nenexx

I guess you are not. But i can not tell what is going on in your head. That is why i recommend you to go to a professional and talk once a month with her. That way you are on the safe side you know.
I am going, went to two different doctors and told me my fear is irrational and that I don't have schizophrenia...