• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is this Schizophrenia?

R

reloaded

Hi, my 22 year old brother was ill for last two months, coughing and vomiting but suddenly he started talking like a paranoid person. He says that his ex-girlfriend is trying to harm him because he was playing with her for 2 years. he also says that his friends are also involved in this. Please tell me what is this?

schiz01

schiz01

Hard to say and only a professional could diagnose him,I think from memory 3 months of persistent symptoms is needed before a diagnosis can be made.

A few questions
Has he been using drugs of any sort.
Has he had a traumatic event happen recently.
When you say he has been unwell....does he have a medical condition.
Has he been to see or be willing to see a doctor.

R

reloaded

thanks for the reply.

drugs as in medicine? yes he has been taking drugs for cough and stomach infection.

not any big traumatic event but for few last months he cut himself from family, not talking too much, only replying in a 'yes' or 'no' to any questions. Now that he started talking he is always mentioning how he played with his ex-girlfriend and how he made her cry. He said that the girl told him that she will take a revenge and he is afraid that she is conspiring against him and she will eventually hurt him or us (family).

no, he does not have any medical condition previously.

yes he is willing to see a doctor. I am taking him to doctor tomorrow.

Last edited:
schiz01

schiz01

Sounds like he may have some emotional trauma

Keep us posted on what the doctor says

And good on you for supporting him through this

R

reloaded

hi,
took him to the doctor. he prescribed some medicine but didn't diagnose with anything. Seems like u r right he may have some emotional trauma or maybe the medicine he was taking before caused all this. He seems a little better now. We are taking him on vacation next week i hope that might help.

schiz01

schiz01

Good to hear and thanks for the update:)

T

The Ghost Of Troubled Joe

He could have been suffering from delirium, which is fairly common, and often brought on by illness, medication, or even, as mentioned, traumatic shock.

Some of the symptoms are similar to those found in psychosis and depression.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are better, I hope it all works out for him.

R

reloaded

He went out on his own yesterday and came back really late. He has started the weird talk again. Today he was talking about numbers and how every number lead to something just like in the movie "The number 23". He is in confusion about himself and he wanted to check his files.

i seriously don't understand what to make of it... i hope it's something temporary.

schiz01

schiz01

Maybe buy him a book on numerology
I don't know a lot about it and haven't studied it myself but i recently met a guy who was into it and it seemed to be all about personal understanding and growth and may assist or lead onto other things that will help him work through his own personal crisis.
I don't know.....anyone else have any better suggestions or know much about numerology.

Important thing would be to keep him engaged with other people and for him to work through his current crisis rather then go into shut down mode.