Is this related to any phobia or mental disorder?

S

scratchem

Hi all,
I set a ringtone on my phone which creeps me out, but in a way I haven't experienced before.
It is from the game Simulacra. I didn't act like I am about to state when first hearing the ringtone in game, but when I started using it as a ringtone, the following happens;
1. My eyes begin to water
2. My throat tenses
3. My spine tingles
4. I don't feel scared, but rather interested, until prompted with a scenario which reminds me of where the ringtone may origin from.
My only ever scared reaction to this ringtone was when I was in the woods at my cousins house, and it wasn't when the ringtone came up, but rather when I had to ride home on my bike through a gloomy wood with tall trees. I reminded myself of he ringtone whilst on the bike leaving the entrance, and all said symptoms occurred, only with the inclusion of me being terrified and furiously trying to get off he long winding road from my cousins house to the main road.
I have had negative reactions to ringtones in the past as a child, exempli gratia when I set a notification sound on my tablet of a spongebob laughter, which prevented me from sleeping alone and also I cannot tolerate alarm ringtones, as this will also scare me.

Is there a specific disorder assigned to these set of symptoms and triggers?

Thanks
Scratchem

Last edited by a moderator:
burt tomato

burt tomato

Hi Scratchem

:welcome: to the forum

An intruiging one for sure.

Perhaps the sounds are triggering for you in some way. Maybe the melodies remind you of something scary so that you ge the shivers.

Did you speak to a doc about it yet?

S

scratchem

Hi burttomato

I haven't checked with a doctor yet. I don't think its something to do with me being reminded of something scary, as my symptoms show otherwise and that I have had negative experiences with sudden loud noises like ringtones, only with different symptoms.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Phobia Forum 3
B Phobia Forum 1
I Phobia Forum 7
K Phobia Forum 36
S Phobia Forum 3