• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is this pure-o,ocd,or something else please read

J

Justin85

Hello guys

Well I talked to a different psychiatrist today and she gave me great insight on what I could possibly be going through, all this time I thought I was delusional about a situation that took place at my brothers wedding, were I exaggerate harsh words that had been exchanged at the event. in my mind there was spitting punching and nasty personal scathing insults being thrown at me everyone hated me the brides mother had a nervous breakdown guns being pulled. fainting I always felt deep down this wasn't true,I know it was just me and my geeky brother tradeing nasty personal insults like we usually do sometimes, we have a love but but uneasy relationship he thinks he is better than me,but he knows I somewhat frown upon him and I think im much more cooler than him.

So for the last years or two I have been having these thoughts of a disasterous wedding were me and certain family members traded crushing insults with each other I mostly lost but my mother usually stepped in and sealed the deal on the attacker because she is probably the most well to do in the family. but I flash back thoughts like for instance my cousin called me a name because I yelled something nasty at my brother, she used to be very promiscuous whens she was younger so I said that's why you had 4 abortions na na na she replies I only had 4 of you lmao,great come back right just nasty but not true I envison people just ripping me down to my socks and I have no recourse and when I invison getting physical with the verbal attacker I fall short of some sorts.

But the thing is I obsesses over this situation think, talk, and sometimes get real angry and say I know if someone said that to me I would crack them real good and once or twice I had a burst of anger were I threw punches in the air pretending this is how I would have dealt with the verbal attacker.

I know deep down this didn't happen this way at all but in my mind its like what if It did I look so bad I have to do something. but the this thought takes over my life I have been miserable forever with this all night all day cant function and do things that I like. just a pure obsessive thought my ritual might be searching the web looking for answers and e-mailing my doc but im not sure what do you guys think????pure o ocd anxiety

Also,risperdal,cymbalata,abilify,effexor,prozac,citalopram did nonthing for the obsession I have read that luvox annaferil and maybe paxil helps ocd thoughts tremendously what do you guys think what drug worked best for your obsessiveness?

Miss Janey

Miss Janey

hey :) i can only go on my experience of pure "O" OCD Bad thoughts, i was diagnosed two years ago and at my worst i could not function, couldnt sleep, i was being haunted by what i now know to be imaginary senarios that would replay over and over and over, i could hear them, smell them, i could see them, like shadow people (i have Paranoid personality disorder too so u might not see them lol) i would attack my visions in a way, shout and scream at them even in public, id have panic attacks when they wouldnt go, i was 100% sure that what i was seeing was real, i thought i was seeing into peoples memories...i had to go the docs in the end as i couldnt cope and be reffered and treated for ages, im now sort of in control, i took/take clomipramine which really helped with the obbsessions but i also took a antipsychotic called seroquel too when i was at my worst, i would go to your docs and be straight forward with them and tell them exactly whats going on....also theres a really great book i read called "the imp of the mind" by Lee Baer, u can get it off ebay for like £5, its a great book for anyone with OCD.....hope this helped :)

J

Justin85

Thanks for the reply janey, I am dying for clomipramine I tried all the new drugs and nonthing worked I read such good reviews about clomprimanine for people who suffer like us I want no part of Seroquel ii hear it causes hellish fatigue.i am going to beg my doc for luvox or clomipramine.what are the side effects for you with this drug and what is your life like now after your treatment on a scale from 1-10?does this disorder ever go away to the point you can life like at least 80% normally?

thanks miss janey

Miss Janey

Miss Janey

the side effects of clomipramine for me are that it makes you hungry, veeeery hungry and you end up eating loads and gaining weight, on higher doses it makes you sluggish and tired but it really does help with the obsessions, im still on a small amount of it to keep me ticking over. I also insisted on a therapy called psychodynamic therapy which worked for me really well, had a couple of years doing that as well as taking the meds. Its been a hell of a lot of hard work but iv managed to gain control over my brain and now im actually living for the first time in my life, i went back to college and have a work placement and am passing with distinctions, life does get better but u have to be determined and stubborn, for me it wont ever go away because of the personality disorder too but it does get much easier :) when a thought pops into my head i no longer panic, i think it out instead of trying to block it out, with the right treatment and meds i think ul b ok, dont give up and ul get to the end of the tunnel :)