• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

is this PTSD? **** trigger warnings, abuse described ****

U

Unagi456

Hello All,

I question if this is PTSD.

I have been through a lot.

history:

Alcoholic parents- never hit me but demeaned a lot.

Ex-Husband abuse- He came back from war different and would attack me. But not the fist to the face. He'd push the air out my chest by pushing me down and with all his weight. He'd also put his full weight on my shoulder I injured in high-school. He'd also lock the door in the car speed and poke me in the face till I'd cry. He threw me in the Tub when I was throwing up from morning sickness. He verbally abused me and financially crippled me. It's been 10 years and I finally finished paying the debt I was left with. I was too afraid to fight so I paid.

My daughter's passing - She lived to be 4 years old. Don't like talking about it but she was sick then fine then sick then fine then sick and she went over her dad's house and never came home. She passed in her sleep.

Sexual abuse - I went on a date and I concented to sex, what I did not concent to was the manner. I was bruised from head to toe bleeding and bite marks. I never said no or stop because it was terrifying. I was also used to being obident with from the ex-husband but he never sexual abused me.

Since then I tend to find the same kinda abusive asshole. So I've stop dating, 3 years now.

I did get into drugs and alcohol for a bit of time, quit that too. I drink responsible and never past a certain point. (once a week, if that)

I have issues sticking with decisions and change my mind often career, hair color, fashion, car, and diet. Horrible memory issues that hit me at random. I feel lost a lot of the time and not worthy positive things. I am also confident in my work ethic and capable I can do any job. I lack confidence is social situations and relationships. It's been 9 years and I have finally decided to make friends, all female. Males scare me if they give me a compliment or want to hang out. The second I step out of my comfort zone, I almost have a mental break down. I keep moving back home too. The voice in my head is my ex-husband and my other ex. I sleep what I would consider normal, like before all this but I do still get out of control nightmares and I have issue knowing where I am when I wake up. I also can deal with paranoia the my ex husband is going to find me and hurt me. I always use my parents address even when I don't live there, I've changed my phone number an insane amount of times.

Is this PTSD or something else? I've sought help for dealing with my daughter passing but I never connected well with the therapist. So 3 sessions only.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I am sick of fear and doubt.

S

SunnyDaze

Hi there and welcome.

I'm sorry for everything you've been through.

I don't know if you have PTSD or not and I suggest you seek out a professional to help you with all of it.And to see if maybe it is PTSD.

Whether it is or not it sounds like you could use some help with it.

Hugs

S

SunnyDaze

Desire less

Desire less

Emdr is a treatment for ptsd.
It uses a light bar to remove the emotions from the traumatic event.
Read positive stories about it.
Did it myself years ago, but couldn't reach my emotions, like i was talking about someone else.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
9 PTSD Suffocating ***TRIGGER - Discusses abuse *** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
H PTSD involving Emergency contraception **Trigger warning - sexual assault Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
Tawny Getter Better - PTSD and CPTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 14
T Trying to deal with a roommate that has PTSD and other issues. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
angel1982 prazosin for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
B Helping someone with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
K Can long term PTSD lead to psychosis/schizophrenia Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
J Could this be PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
Z Is this PTSD? Petty problem, but still.. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
P Is it PTSD, or something else? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
S Is this part of PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
O PTSD and blocking most events out Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
S Support with Partner Who Seems to Be Struggling with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
fireandairo TW Ptsd emotional and drug abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
C PTSD cheating/physical abuse.. partner doesn’t support me.. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
K I have OCD and PTSD, a recent guy on the internet is triggering me to have bad panic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
C How long does PTSD last? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
O PTSD and feeling “fake” or “dead”? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
M Feeling guilty for being diagnosed with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
lizard56 Do I have PTSD? Please help! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
K Mind-Body Workbook for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
micas Do I have PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
B PTSD because of traumatic psychiatric hospital experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 13
H Past relationship and ptsd Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
A Alcohol anaesthetised PTSD... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
S Is this PTSD or just trauma? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
S PTSD from emotionally abusive relationship...do I leave now things are getting better? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 26
B What is considered a traumatic event to be considered PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
P Told dont need ptsd, agoraphobia diagnosis because autism diagnosis. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
L Negative criticism PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
B Depakine, olanzapine for ptsd Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
Jess96 Complex PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
M Is it worth it to file lawsuit for past bullying leading to PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
S PTSD - strange aftermath/ effect on body - anyone relate? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 15
L Is PTSD related to a bad childhood and in result the reason for adult tantrums? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
M I have diagnosis ptsd. but my symptoms are auditory visual tactile an olfactory hallucinations, paranoia, mania, delusions and suicidal ideation. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
S PTSD from infidelity/lying Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
wraziel I hate my carreer PTSD???? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
D PTSD from a Bus accident I was in 10 years ago. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
B Have I really got PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
W Living alongside PTSD and EUPD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 0
J Ptsd after natural disaster Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
A PTSD - EMDR Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
L Help-is this PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
M does anyone with ptsd experience this? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 20
A ***TRIGGER WARNING end of life trauma*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
lucynah Massive issues with guilt after trauma ***TRIGGER WARNING-Discusses suicide and emotional abuse*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
C Can't remember my time in the ICU?? ***TRIGGER WARNING- Discusses a suicide attempt and mentions hospital*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H ***TRIGGER WARNING *** how to support a rape victim Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
starfoxxy90 ***TRIGGER WARNING **** Discussing sexual Abuse **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1