• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this part of my BPD?

K

Khay

I was recently diagnosed and I honestly don't know much about it. I'm 20 and since I've lived with it for such a long time, I see my behavior as my personality instead of blaming the illness. For example, I can't handle any type of criticism, positive or otherwise, I get so annoyed. And now recently, I cut off my best and only friend. I haven't replied to their texts in weeks even though they are worried. I don't know why, I just don't have any will or motivation to talk to them or see them or explain how I feel. I get angry just thinking about trying to explain my feelings because even I don't understand. I've isolated myself and I don't want to do anything but stay in my room.

Mal84

Mal84

Yes, there is a chance it could be part of the BPD. Pushing people away is what I’m great at because for me, I would rather have no friends than be hurt over and over again but that’s just me, everyone’s different.

Like you I can’t stand any kind of criticism but I would much rather be told bad things about myself than anything positive.

N

Nukelavee

Heh. Try living with it for nearly 40 years...

Seriously though, it more or less is your personality, due to it being a personality disorder. At teh same time, BPD often combines with other issues, like depression and anxiety. Right now, it sounds like you have depression affecting how you act.

You really should look up BPD, to get an idea of what it can entail. The following is a non-medical explanation of it, ie, it's not very deep, but easy to understand, just to give you an idea. There are far more exact/psychological explanations out there.

Not all the aspects listed will apply to you, but you'll recognize some of yourself in it.

Let me know if it helps, or you have further questions.

G

Girl interupted

Let your friend know you are ok but aren’t up to talking right now. Don’t make them worry for no reason.