• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is this OCD? I ruined my teeth

S

Sadwolf

Something very bad happened. I want to die now :( I wasn't able to stand braces and aligners. I had panic and anxiety. They had to take them off me. Out of frustration I took matters into my own hands. Its sore every day. My mouth hurts so much too. I think of it nonstop all days for months. I ruined my teeth. I didn't tell my dentist the truth :( i just want to die. I ruined everything. My life is misery. They told me i probably wont stand crowns or veneers because of my illness. I'm scared to call any dentist. I made horrible mistake and I am so ashamed. It felt like some invisible force made me do it every day. I looked at them for hours. I am scared. Is this OCD? What have I done? Wish I could die :(

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

@Sadwolf what have you actually done to your teeth that you feel has ruined them? You're not alone, ok?