• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this normal on Zyprexa(Olanzapine)?

T

tony2010

Hi I am 22 years old and live in Scotland. A week ago i was put on 15mg of the anti-psychotic Zyprexa for high mood i think.Well i told him i had been having racing thoughts, ontop of the world feelings, sleep problems etc. Anyway the last couple of days i have been getting a good nights sleep on them.Not that i am complaining but is this normal on Zyprexa(Olanzapine)?Plus if it makes me feel better do you think i will be kept on them for the long term?Thank you vey much.

S

skyblue

Hi I am 22 years old and live in Scotland. A week ago i was put on 15mg of the anti-psychotic Zyprexa for high mood i think.Well i told him i had been having racing thoughts, ontop of the world feelings, sleep problems etc. Anyway the last couple of days i have been getting a good nights sleep on them.Not that i am complaining but is this normal on Zyprexa(Olanzapine)?Plus if it makes me feel better do you think i will be kept on them for the long term?Thank you vey much.
Olanzapine works as a mood-stabilizer and will have a calming effect on your mood and help you to sleep.

How long you will be on them just depends really. Your doctor will make those decisions.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.:flowers:

T

tony2010

Thank you.

N

NightShade

tony2010,
I'm also taking Zyprexa right now and had some very good nights sleep during the first few days which has now worn off a little bit! Still a little bit sluggish in the morning, though!

I was put on it for a hypomanic episode and it did settle me down pretty quickly. It's also (to a degree) stabilized my moods as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Bipolar Forum 1
P Bipolar Forum 6
Greyandblack Bipolar Forum 11
M Bipolar Forum 1