• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is this normal in depression? or do I have something else too?

B

boeing

I have dreams and thoughts where one person in particular I am punching their face alot and enjoying it. This person causes me grieve in life, is a friend but isn't there is also history there too. Also, when my friends are talking on the phone and sound happy I am angry they feel so happy when I feel so down?

Please help?

S

schizzzoid

Dreams are very individual, but, apparently, some say, in your case, (I think I have a comma problem!) not only are you doing the hitting, but, you are also the person being hit. Which kind of suggests that you are angry with yourself, along with a lot more, I suppose... I suppose I'll shut up, as interpretation of dreams is so open to, well, interpretation!

As to feeling angry, when others are happy, for me that is certainly true. Anger and depression often go hand-in-hand. Often, it can be a case of undealt with anger that is causing the depression in the first place.

So, all in all, you're just as normal as the next nutter! ;D

S

Soren

yeah, i agree that you're suppressing tons of pent up anger. probably not just with this individual, but with all sorts of other people and situations. if you habitually do this, without finding a way of releasing the pressure, you will obsess or dream about hurting folk.

i'm not going to suggest that you've been bullied in the past (how would i know if you had?), but i have certainly been bullied and pushed around and disrespected by various people over the years, and because i've been unable to stick up for myself in the way i'd like, i've have similar fantasies about what i'd like to do to them (i.e. not very friendly things involving big pieces of wood).

of course you already knew all that i'm sure. i suppose its a case of finding a way of dealing with the b*****ds without making things worse for yourself or causing serious harm to them. how you do that, i haven't a clue....

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Quick post. The fact your processing your dreams, and open enough to discuss it hear makes me think you're not that wacky.

gray

gray

I have thoughts like this, though I have them whilst awake. I'm oversensitive due to being bullied a few times in my life and all sorts of other crap I'm not going to go into.
I have punched holes/dents into doors due to my frustrations because I keep everything surpressed and I let people walk all over me. Sometimes I'm scared because I can feel the rage burning within me and that if I go outside it will only take one of the mouthy "I'm so tough" nobs that I will do something stupid (and there are many where I live). I just hate this world, so many horrible people, sometimes wish I could just beat them all to a pulp.

Keep thinking I should buy a boxing punch bag to help release all the anger and stress I have in me from the years of letting people walk all over me, when really I should have probably just broke their face. :mad:

:p

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I have thoughts like this, though I have them whilst awake. I'm oversensitive due to being bullied a few times in my life and all sorts of other crap I'm not going to go into.
I have punched holes/dents into doors due to my frustrations because I keep everything surpressed and I let people walk all over me. Sometimes I'm scared because I can feel the rage burning within me and that if I go outside it will only take one of the mouthy "I'm so tough" nobs that I will do something stupid (and there are many where I live). I just hate this world, so many horrible people, sometimes wish I could just beat them all to a pulp.

Keep thinking I should buy a boxing punch bag to help release all the anger and stress I have in me from the years of letting people walk all over me, when really I should have probably just broke their face. :mad:

:p
Try and resist the desire Gray!!! You punch someone when you're sane, you get a couple of months in prison. Punch somebody when you're diagnosed with a mental illness and you risk an indefinite section under MH legislation.

A

Ainsworth

I have thoughts like this, though I have them whilst awake. I'm oversensitive due to being bullied a few times in my life and all sorts of other crap
well i was bullied, lots as a child by everyone around me and also have had these thoughts whilst awake, so i did something about it to change how i dealt with them.

get a punchbag it helps :D

S

Soren

reading the posts on this thread has been really interesting. its really nice to see i'm not the only one who has been pushed around. and the number of times i've thought about getting a punchbag!! clearly there are loads of us!:D

i think one of the problems i've had is that i either keep my thoughts and feelings completely to myself and never stick up for myself (thus getting angrier and angrier); or i just finally get really very upset, let it all out and end up making a fool of myself.

i think i need to just calmly tell people when they're offending me, or tell them what i think of them if they're being a******es. then i don't think i'd get so angry.

i don't find that sort of thing easy though - i'm too timid.