• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Is this just my point of view.?

• Thread starter Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover
  • Start date
H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Sometimes, in a case of myself, all the time, you feel terrible tired of dealing with your thoughts plus the life challenges, family trouble and economic problems that, you need to speak with someone, and when you do they blame you, they say it's cause you don't do enough or that you are feeling depressive because you don't ask for help.
So...
Isn't talking to a friend asking for help, support from them?
What else more can I do, if to solve my economic I work my ass off, I for my family trouble I do more to change whatever this time they didn't like how I did and for my mental issues I get up every day to figth instead of stay at bed and let things get worse.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Sadly if you ask anyone for help with anything, mental health or not, you are inviting them into your life and mind and they may give you advice, whether you want it or not.

This is so hard because we should be able to confide in someone or ask advice, and get a helpful response.

I used to think seeing a counsellor must be so artificial, but actually it must be a nice change to have someone listen, and try and help you make your own decision.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Sometimes, in a case of myself, all the time, you feel terrible tired of dealing with your thoughts plus the life challenges, family trouble and economic problems that, you need to speak with someone, and when you do they blame you, they say it's cause you don't do enough or that you are feeling depressive because you don't ask for help.
So...
What else more can I do, if to solve my economic I work my ass off, I for my family trouble I do more to change whatever this time they didn't like how I did and for my mental issues I get up every day to figth instead of stay at bed and let things get worse.
My opinion of judgemental people, is they can be, erm well unhelpful and not good listeners... You would probably do better talking and sharing on here with people who offer you their opinions, and leave you to make your own judgements/conclusions :)

Z

Zoe1

depends what you need to talk about
and if the friend can cope with it

people often tell me things I cant cope with
and then are offended if I suggest therapy

but what can I do ?
if its an issue I have not experienced myself
then I'm unlikely to know what to say

:grouphug: 🎼 🐢

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is good that you fight to get up every day. It is a huge effort sometimes.

H

My opinion of judgemental people, is they can be, erm well unhelpful and not good listeners... You would probably do better talking and sharing on here with people who offer you their opinions, and leave you to make your own judgements/conclusions :)
Thanks, for taking you time to read, I don't think they say what they do to hurt, problem is when it does, in my case, I was already feeling bad so.. is not helpful.
Sometime I think I don't express myself well enough about how I constantly hurt myself on my own thoughts

H

It is good that you fight to get up every day. It is a huge effort sometimes.
It is, not everyone can relate to that, even if you have something to do in the day, or a responsibility its extremely difficult to get up and go. Its 4:22 and I haven't been able to get up yet. This is the first day of many months this happens again

H

depends what you need to talk about
and if the friend can cope with it

people often tell me things I cant cope with
and then are offended if I suggest therapy

but what can I do ?
if its an issue I have not experienced myself
then I'm unlikely to know what to say

:grouphug: 🎼 🐢
I guess you are right, point was that I was just talking to her about the hard time I have been into not getting jobs and being prejudge before even have an interview for the job. Thanks for reading my post

Zero One

Zero One

So...
People sometimes have difficulty understanding mental problems and they grow frustrated due to their lack of understanding so when they offer advice it comes off as abrasive nonsense.

H

Sadly if you ask anyone for help with anything, mental health or not, you are inviting them into your life and mind and they may give you advice, whether you want it or not.

This is so hard because we should be able to confide in someone or ask advice, and get a helpful response.

I used to think seeing a counsellor must be so artificial, but actually it must be a nice change to have someone listen, and try and help you make your own decision.
Thanks, it's a good point, you are giving someone the tools to either help of destroy you

Y

YogiLife

Therapy is really confronting, they tend to deliver some hard truths which aren't easy to listen to. There's all sorts of maladaptive thoughts and behaviours that contribute to our depression and sometimes it's too much to be told we're ultimately to blame