• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this just my anxiety talking?

lal10

lal10

Hi guys

I've had a bit of luck today (for a change lol!) well I think i have. I don't know what prompted me to do it but I picked up one of the many unopened letters I have received recently which was from a collection company asking me for a small amount I owed to an insurance company. I refuse to pay them because after 5 years of paying the one claim I made being made into what can only be described as a circus with no signs of them ever paying out I though why should I? But for some reason I decided to call my insurance company who put me through to the loss adjusters that were the cause of a years worth of stress. At this stage I'm feeling bad, like why did I call I can't deal with this! But I was told that I'd been emailed in March saying they were paying out, not the full amount but very close and with relief I accepted the settlement. Then while I was having a very relieved conversation with a close friend of mine I had a missed call on my mobile but thought nothing of it until I called my Dad who said the insurance company had rang his house (they had his landline because I didn't have one when I took out the policy) so I called back and neither the insurance co or the loss adjusters had any record of the call so said it might be the guy who visited my house that called but he was on annual leave but to try him anyway. I hate this guy right, he was rude and messed me about but I called, no answer, left a vm. It's now 3 hours later, I've also emailed him to say i'll accept the money but still no reply either by phone or email and I know he's in my file as his company said they couldn't get into it because he was in it. I'm now worried to death that after a year of fannying about and being offered money that I REALLY need at the moment things may go wrong!

Someone please tell me it's my anxiety getting the better of me!! I just can't get it into my head that it might all be over and I will get my money and might be able to pay off some of my debt!!

Much love

Lal

xx

lal10

lal10

Answer to my own question lol!

It was my anxiety talking thank god!!

After wasting a day worrying about it all i've finally received a phone call confirming I'm getting my cash!!! (£100 less than I expected but hey u can't have everything!).

Feel a bit silly now for worrying but it really is the difference between struggling and staying afloat to me and I'm sure it will help my current depressive state to finally have control over my bills.

I'm now not going to dwell on the fact i've wasted my day (something that gets me down) although i haven't really as it's given me more time to chat to everyone here so there's 2 positives today!!

Bye for now from a happier and determined to stay that way Lal xx